What's new

Petrified wood from TN

turfnsurf

Greenie
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
FLA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Sandshark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this and several other smaller pieces in a small creek less than 50 ft from my house 18 years ago. Sold the property since then, but would like to ask what type of tree and what age it could be. What would it sell for?
 

Attachments

  • DSCF6311.webp
    DSCF6311.webp
    254.4 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF6312.webp
    DSCF6312.webp
    218 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF6313.webp
    DSCF6313.webp
    239 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF6314.webp
    DSCF6314.webp
    197.2 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCF6315.webp
    DSCF6315.webp
    207.1 KB · Views: 208
Not sure what type of tree, but im looking for some petrified wood for a pen if you selling it.
 
I am pretty sure this is NOT petrified wood. It looks more like fossil coral. Whenever people find something and they ask "what can I sell it for?" I pretty much answer the same thing: not much. Most common fossils are not worth anything but a few bucks and sadly your piece is no exception. I'd argue that you keep it on your desk or coffee table as a conversation piece. If you tell me what city you found it in, I can give you a date range.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom