Pewter Anchor + RP, 3 Coppers: 1807, 1832, 1888

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patriot and I got back to last weeks site to see if there was anything left to scrounge up, and there was! We hit all over the place and regridded where the house would have sat multiple times, and Patriot kept picking up the pewters. He got me to check his signal on one and with my settings the iron shank in there was giving me a really bad, practically iron signal. I adjusted my settings and dug a pewter right away! I got another anchor button and the really worn RP, it was quite easy to see the crown right after it was dug but after a brushing to clean it's nearly impossible to see anything, just the faintest outline. Oh well, it counts in my head :P This site was also littered with rifle shells. I dug a couple dozen of them over the past two hunts there!
Goes to show even a site that seems to be drying up still holds the goodies if you slow down! Would be awesome if it were ploughed, but doubt that will happen anytime soon - I'm sure there's lots more left for us there.
IMG_8268.JPG
IMG_8269.JPG
IMG_8267.JPG

Upvote 13

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Royal Marines, and now you just need to upgrade the RP! :thumbsup:

I double dare you to take Ironhorse and myself there! It's a double because it's going to the Patriot too! :headbang: Pewter buttons in iron... we'll show you how many you missed. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patriot mentioned you guys wanted to come over, sounds great to me! We were still picking up targets till the end of the day, so I'm sure there's plenty more hiding in there. Hopefully a nicer RP haha.
Royal Marines, and now you just need to upgrade the RP! :thumbsup:

I double dare you to take Ironhorse and myself there! It's a double because it's going to the Patriot too! :headbang: Pewter buttons in iron... we'll show you how many you missed. :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bud. Those buttons are awesome. Hope you get one in great condition from that site. Gotta be one there that's decent. Hell Id be ecstatic with the 2 you found. My military button collection is very sad

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the spot the nearly perfect RP and snake button came out of, so there's a chance there are some nice ones left!

Very nice bud. Those buttons are awesome. Hope you get one in great condition from that site. Gotta be one there that's decent. Hell Id be ecstatic with the 2 you found. My military button collection is very sad

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patriot mentioned you guys wanted to come over, sounds great to me! We were still picking up targets till the end of the day, so I'm sure there's plenty more hiding in there. Hopefully a nicer RP haha.

Probably too late now. He gave us the run-around until Spring, and I do understand why he would be worried because he knows what would happen. :happysmiley: That being said, the first week it came up, right after the Dragoons and brooch.... I think it was that Sunday IH and I had our best hunt of the Fall so we were pretty happy on the way home we stuck around. But now we suck, so anytime! :)

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I knew you had it in you!
Funny how a minor adjustment in settings can change the the whole chain of events!

I'd love to have a crack at that site, just for my own satisfaction!
Hope to see you posting up some more soon!
Btw that pewter anchor button is so cool

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we could have some snow by the weekend, but it'll all be there in the spring!

Probably too late now. He gave us the run-around until Spring, and I do understand why he would be worried because he knows what would happen. :happysmiley: That being said, the first week it came up, right after the Dragoons and brooch.... I think it was that Sunday IH and I had our best hunt of the Fall so we were pretty happy on the way home we stuck around. But now we suck, so anytime! :)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pewter Anchor Button is Sweet !
Looking at the long range weather forcast I doubt the ground will freeze hard for at least a couple more weeks.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, only got a few of the pewter anchors, various sizes, pretty rare really - congrats

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, I'm not worried, I've been seeing all the good stuff dug around me for the past few weeks anyway! :tongue3: As long as I'm there I have the chance to get the goodies!
Another scardy cat! ;)

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not too worried about the ground freezing yet, but if we do get the snow having the coil an extra 6 - 8 inches off the ground never helps! Temps are supposed to stay up so it might not last even if it does come though!

The Pewter Anchor Button is Sweet !
Looking at the long range weather forcast I doubt the ground will freeze hard for at least a couple more weeks.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my second recently, hopefully the next one will improve on condition again!

Yeap, only got a few of the pewter anchors, various sizes, pretty rare really - congrats

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking coppers and buttons. I hope for your sake that land does get ploughed!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone can keep calling it a pewter anchor button, but Marines (British Royal Marines) sounds a little better!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detail sure seems better when they came out..just need IP's little dirty secret... You faired out ok after the settings were corrected..what timing haha right after! Or was it me messing with you all year lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread