What's new

Pewter button ID needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:

Haven't been doing much lately, but I did get to head out with fellow hunter Nick bell to an older site with settlement dates from the late 1500's. I dug this very interesting solid pewter button. I was wondering if anyone may recognize it with any significance?

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 2012-03-19 001.webp
    2012-03-19 001.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 2012-03-19 002.webp
    2012-03-19 002.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 520
I wouldn't think that was pewter Mike,not the right type shank for pewter & don't look like pewter to me.Saying that I do think your button would date in the early to mid 1800's.That design was used alot during late 1700's time frame.Here are a couple I had from that time period.(tombac)
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 000_0004[1].webp
    000_0004[1].webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 000_0005[1].webp
    000_0005[1].webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 000_0004[1].webp
    000_0004[1].webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 458
  • 000_0005[1].webp
    000_0005[1].webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 485
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
agreed not pewter, looks 1830s (ish)
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom