What's new

Pewter Button

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a while back at a Native American site that dates to the early 1800s at the latest. I know it's pewter but that is about all. I am also adding a picture of a complete button my hunting partner found years ago at another native American site about 90 miles west of where I found mine. Mine is the partial button and the dime is just for a size comparison.
 

Attachments

  • 20191110_214136.webp
    20191110_214136.webp
    118.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20191110_213226.webp
    20191110_213226.webp
    190.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 6033.webp
    6033.webp
    213.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 6032.webp
    6032.webp
    174.3 KB · Views: 84
Late 18th C Linked-button (Cuff-link)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. That fits in with the time frame for this site.
No worries, just corrected. I meant Linked-Button (Cuff-link), not link.
 
Upvote 0
I am guessing it is civilian but could it have been worn by the military?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pewter eagle button
Replies
1
Views
496
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom