What's new

photo dowsing request

Red circles for coins/jewelry 12" or less deep. The orange spot is a nice gold signal.

Red_desert,
I hit the spot indicated with the yellow arrow last night. Cleaned up some trash, then on the right edge of the circle I got a loud, solid signal. It pegged the needle. About 3" down I hit a solid metal target. I carefully dug around it and found a metal capped 4" sewage cleanout. I dug down around the sides about an inch, they were PVC.
It's a really odd place for there to be any plumbing, too far away from the homes and swimming pool. There is a manhole access northeast of the area by the fenceline, but still an odd place. Next time I get can out there for some nocturnal dirtfishing I'l bring channel locks and open the cap to see if it's actually a cleanout, or someone's cache. Any thoughts on that hit?
Still haven't had a chance to recheck the other area near the gold signal, hoping it's quiet over there this Sat night.

Thanks again!
 
There is another recent thread in the board here, where I dowsed a park and got several signals in a row. Checking some more, I came back to the thread, said it could be a pipeline. Yes, it is possible to pick up signals from underground cables or pipelines when dowsing maps which are in very close. Of course, if iit did turn out to be somebone's cache that would be great.
 
Now that you mentioned the plumbing being out of place......I've been dowsing at local parks already and got old foundation signals, right where all was nice green mowed grass. Poked the end of my rod down like a probe. Just 3" or less down was an old foundation I uncovered.
 
I'll try to do some research and see what I can find for the area. Very well could be plumbing, but it's also a great idea for burying a cache. Even uncovered it looks innocent.
 
Well yeah, many ideas have been tried for making safe caches, you never know until investigating.
 
I looked through my image folders for some finds which were made from my red circles in a park. I don't remember who it was that found them or what the name of the thread is, but the spot turned out to be close to a couple old fence posts. Apparently when the park was made, they took out a post hole cache during excavation, the coins got scattered around. My dowsing indicated coins/treasure 2-3 ft deep. When signals are dowsed as 12" or less, it may only be 1 target, which in a public park might be really hard to locate metal detecting.
 

Attachments

  • hunt 5-25-12-finds.webp
    hunt 5-25-12-finds.webp
    91.4 KB · Views: 122
  • hunt 5-25-12-findsLG.webp
    hunt 5-25-12-findsLG.webp
    195.8 KB · Views: 146
Thanks. Going to try to get out tonight when my buddy arrives. Nice night, about 50. Depends on what the wives have decided we're going to be doing. I at least want to go open that pipe. After that we'll head back to the gold area.
I appreciate your insight as well.
 
Do get signal from arrow then right and down, from the ground which isn't treasure. If you're talking about this spot, there still seems to be some things people lost. They might have had plans to put a structure and the plumbing got put in, but not the building. A house could also once been moved or torn down when made into a park.
 

Attachments

  • ba field-TheMcscrop2.webp
    ba field-TheMcscrop2.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 117
Out here now, and naturally the MD is acting up. Dug at 3 false signals and now I can't even tune the thing, I'm getting a solid beep no matter where I point it or where I'm at. Pretty frustrating given the free time and beautiful weather I've got. Going to keep at it for a while, at least find that plumbing cap and verify its purpose.
 
On my old Garret GTA 1,000 if you turn up sensitivity to the max, with the eliptical coil, it would beep continually up and down the id. scale when storms were headed my way. I could always tell ahead of time if thunderstorms were about to be there.
 
That's interesting. We're supposed to get some heavy weather on Christmas, but I doubt it would sense a system that far ahead.
 
Once my detector started beeping at home, in the morning before leaving with my friend. his parents moved a 2 hour drive S from here. He grew up in that area, they all finally got moved down again. I was asked to locate the property stakes. Got down there, was having problems in the afternoon with false signals sometimes beeping with id. meter continually, but the weather sure nice a few white clouds and mostly sunny. We headed back next day, late afternoon. Boy, before getting home, the sky turned spooky dark. My friend I can remember saying how weird the sky looked.....really black. Tornado hit just SW of us across the main hyw. Had the closet door open in the basement to put away the detector and before was able to the lights went out. I think the apmosphere in certain weather conditions, becomes so electrically charged, causing interference with the older m'detectors.
 
Hello,In all 3 pictures dowsing revealed:Green square area: An attraction to gold and silver coins cache.Blue circled areas: An attraction to silver/clad coins.Green circled area: An attraction to gold jewellry.Blue square area: An attraction to silver coin cache.White square area: An attraction to silver coins/U.S.paper money cache.Thanks for posting your pictures,Jon
 

Attachments

  • lotdowsed.webp
    lotdowsed.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 120
  • fielddowsed.webp
    fielddowsed.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 132
  • bafielddowsed.webp
    bafielddowsed.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 126
Thank you!

I've enclosed in red the areas I'm interested in for the bottom picture, particularly the top square.
View attachment 707042

TheMcs,
I'm not a map dowser, but I got a really strong feeling when looking at the top photo, the land owned by the man that died recently? If you do get permission to hunt the land, take a hard look at the line of trees on the east end of the property. But, I would focus on the areas between the trees, I'm getting the oddest feeling that you might have some luck if you hunt the gaps betweeen the trunks. We know that people who do bury caches generally prefer to be able to see the burial sites from their homes. Even with the other trees near the home, I'd think that he'd want a clear view at all times, so if he was working out of his garage he'd be able to see it then as well. Plus, since there's not much else in that area, on the right side of the red-framed area, there probably wouldn't be much foot traffic for him to be concerned about.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom