Photos of what ever ya think has got to do with Treasure or Treasure Hunts

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I changed this to a black & white negative. There's an interesting little hook on the bottom end of the second "7" and a serif on the botton left foot of the "X".

2992-Ground0.JPG

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Thank you SS for providing the negative image...perhaps someone would have had time and (some type) of inspiration to take time and effort in July to chisel this. I see the little hook you describe ??? , what jumped to me was the way the "M" and "A" seem to meld in a way...creating two X's.
I know that there was a General Maxey rooting around these parts; but '75 does NOT fit the time frame, hence my curiosity. A lot of lore surrounding this area - JJ to Capone. :dontknow:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in about 1967 when I was a young Airman no-class stationed at Luke AFB; a buddy and I drove to Illinois to visit girlfriends and stopped off at Meramec Caverns. That whole Ozark mountain area is pretty rugged. Beautiful, but rugged. A whole lot of things could be done and hidden in the Ozarks...........and HAVE been. LOL

That "7-75" could just mean July 1775 or 1875. I don't remember reading anything about the little hook on the bottom of the one "7", but the "X" with a different type of hook on one leg was a sign that a coded message originated with the Templars........ergo, the Masons and KGC. More info about that should be available in the "KGC" section of TNet.

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Interesting you should mention Meramec Caverns. Just for the record, one of the dominant alluring attractions to this "Tourist Trap" is something called "Loot Rock," where the James Gang supposedly hid the loot and hid out from the posse.
My question has always been : What "loot"...from where (what heist?) and was any "loot" ever found to substantiate the boastful claim? I have been woefully disappointed in my efforts.

However, many substantiated (and historical) records show that the James Gang did indeed hang out not too far west of Stanton around Waynesville, MO and that they buried lots of loot in that area. That area is now part of FT. Leonard Wood. (Access denied)

You are correct in stating that that area is beautiful and rugged, filled with caves, overhangs and other natural barriers that would seem to work well within the scenario of the James Gang M.O.. If there are those who might be able to shed light on this unverified claim...I'd love to hear all about it.

S

Smee

Did you notice the eye looking back at you?

I see an owl, the eye like on the back of the dollar just above the owl.

There is a hook on the X but it's at the top, and there is no hook on the 7. It isn't connected to the 7, but very close.

The M is the owl, with both eyes looking at you. The "all seeing eye" above him. Very faintly carved, but there.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Moons,

Pertaining to the top pic in your post no. 55. I would take a lawn chair and set and watch the shadows throughout the day. Center portion may be a standing bird of prey, looking somewhat downward and to the left, with wing back. Think of some US/Mexican coins. The shadow to the right is very similar to one I have found. (think oriental? guy with Fu Manchu mustache) It appears below a bird sign I posted on another thread. If there is a snake at the birds feet....maybe older the the "Spanish"....maybe not.

Second pic will be studied more.

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground0:
The tourist trap at the Caverns were really emphasising the Jessie James angle when we were there. I didn't know back then that the outlaw Jessie had a cousin living in Tennessee who ALSO was named Jessie and one named Frank, so if THEY were into any outlawry, perhaps they were the gang around the Caverns area. I doubt this very much, but you never know.
I went through Combat Engineers School at Ft. Leonard Wood in end months of 1965. I found out exactly WHY it's nicknamed "Little Korea", LOL. If you know someone who is a military retiree, you can get onto the base with them. Then, ask the gate guard for a map of the base. Or, go to the Base Public Relations Office and get one. Ask them which areas are off limits due to explosives training and go from there. There's a really nice river flowing through the base that would make a good canoe trip. We had to do a river "assault" as part of our training, in the middle of the night without making any noise. Heh, Heh. Of course the instructors heard noise the first THREE times.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground0 said:
Here's one to ponder...
High on a cliff at the entrance to a cave, overlooking the Meramec River and the former Santa Fe rail bed that snakes alongside.
Doubtful that kids would take the time to chisel this out on the 7th of January; check out the lettering...
Anyone see what I see?

Attachments

• Maxx.JPG
    Maxx.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 435

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
I thought I'd post this shot looking out the cave opening...more on topic (me thinks.) And yet some folks are under the mistaken impression that Missouri is as flat as Eastern Kansas. Well...

I figure that some people from somewhere other that flyover territory should land here in flyover territory and take a look around sometime. I am frequently stunned by the beauty of this state...it IS a treasure.

I thought I'd "Show you."

OK, I'm done with my "Chamber of Commerce" moment.

Springfield ;
Originally, I too thought 1975-still might be. Whenever it was, time was taken to carve the rock which is not limestone...a rarity 'round here. The lettering style is what caught my eye, the "date" remains the curiosity.

Attachments

• 2982.JPG
    2982.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 406

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
gorund0. looks very interesting. And lovely. I would somewhat discount capone things. His empire must have been greater than the Roman Empire with all the tunnels, stash houses, that rumour states are all over the whole country! Where i grew up there was a former bootleg brewery across the street and there were bricked up tunnels going under the river and up to town...etc. That was verified. But that was in the chicago area.

I've heard similar stories from indiana, wyoming, south dakota and even new mexico. That's a pretty wide area for a chicagoland gangster. Plenty of hiding places in the chicago area..with out going so far afield.

If the date is a date...it might be as you say..."kilroy was here" but the roman numerals seem to bely that.

Odd, as you surmised,there may be Spanish in those pics but that is not my interest in that area. Looking for something earlier.

I love your advice.hehe Lawn chair hunting is a favorite of mine when shadows are concerned. I can see where it might morph into a bird at that in the right conditions. Like so many others it will have to wait till the weather cools down. Thanks.

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Very real to consider that your wall carving is arranged to be viewed as the light plays on it.

One from our area reveals the tomb of an ancient Ute Shaman who was buried within the chambers of the richest mine of all the nations; Carrie shin Ob

YouTube video file.............

Attachments

• YouTube - Utah Pictograph at Summer Solstice-8.png
    YouTube - Utah Pictograph at Summer Solstice-8.png
    45 KB · Views: 400
OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
A few from hunts gone by.........

Attachments

• Soapstone Mnt. Midway.jpg
    Soapstone Mnt. Midway.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC01002.jpg
    DSC01002.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC01003.jpg
    DSC01003.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC01067.jpg
    DSC01067.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC01326.jpg
    DSC01326.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Area Map Port trail.jpg
    Area Map Port trail.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 367
S

Smee

Last pic looks like medicine tree. Is this in the lands of the Ute Nation as well?

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
I think that carving is in the Moon Lake Area..........from some of the Rhoades family sources, the author Boren & friends websites.

Attachments

• Lakshore.JPG
    Lakshore.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 342
S

Smee

Those appear to be aspen trees (at least the first one does). If they are in the Pikes Peak or Florrisant areas they are probably Ute "message trees" --- the equivalent of the Cherokee's "Witness Trees". The aspen tree lives much longer at higher altitudes, and thus were used much as the beech tree was by the Cherokee.

The language was pictograph because, unlike the Cherokee, there was no written language. They are signposts, nothing more, but extremely interesting.

You might wish to go to http://www.pikespeakhsmuseum.org/Museum/UteCulturalTrees/Ute Culturally Scarred Trees.htm and scroll down to "message trees". The article is written by an acquaintance of mine for the Pikes Peak Historical Society.

It discussed the "Message Trees", "Medicine Trees", "Prayer Trees" and "Burial Trees".

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
I still think we are both in the same general ballpark on this as this tree and others here are mingled with the arts of the Utes, the Spanish and the Rhoades father and son evolution of the legend. Both Caleb and his father Thomas were far closer to the Ute tribe than any other white men next to Jim Bridger. Caleb was guarded by his close Ute companions and carried on a mountain man's existence for a good part of 40 years. I've touched some of Caleb's carvings that few if any have ever even seen. The Spanish Dons left sign all through the same surroundings and I'm sure an occasional Peruvian sheep herder or Ute hunting party communicated just as you say.

There is a pattern with the code and it will lead any marker to discernment if one is not legitimate. The pattern is that of the Knight and his Falcon, or the Pirate Captain and his Parrot, or the Monk and the Dove and the King's place in all of it; some sacred, some not...same code different insignia's.....same pattern like I spell potato and you spell potato but you know their not the same, unless our angle is alike. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Another snap from the Utah desert.....Front gun site leading one to a long range search that will take them far away from the mine that is really just nearby.

Attachments

• Gunsite Marker (lower center).jpg
    Gunsite Marker (lower center).jpg
    297 KB · Views: 325

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Twisted, thank you for the pics.

Ummm...what tales does the whisperer tell to the dreamer? Does the monarch, with eagle and lion at his feet, look on? Just wondering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread