Photos of what ever ya think has got to do with Treasure or Treasure Hunts

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Just...wow. Keep a soul up late studying these. Odd, are those scratches across the film, or trip wires?
Treasurechest, very nice link! Doesn't it make you think though, there has to be an easier way in?
ThomasP, greatest treasure there is. A good day..the best kind of day.
Thom,wonderful.
Hope I did not miss anyone. Twisted, I am a big, in more than one way, fan of the big picture..that is outstanding to me.

Here is something humble but one of my favorites.

Attachments

• herecomesthesun.jpg
    herecomesthesun.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 977

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Twisted

Thanks for posting these last photos. Were the last three closer to home plate or the pitcher's mound or up and above center field? Depth buried and were they locked together as represented? Just curious!

Kim,
Those are trip wires as I booby trap all my sites.
Just kidding....I think they originated from my scanner when I put the picture into my computor.(not on original picture) Have you spotted the 2nd face yet?

Oddrock

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Looks like the post #3 may be littered with triangle, rectangles, squares, diamonds, all which are likely used as a possible portion of windrose's, seem's they show you what to look for at each 1 inch ( area of interest ) drill holes, I would think that it would be from snake to snake, as continued trails from one to the other. Just a thought.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Dsty

Your comments are always welcome. I am not currently working on that site...but might get back to it one day.

My next photo is of a simple treasure I found one morning that just made my day.

Oddrock

Attachments

• SCAN0198 (640x339).jpg
    SCAN0198 (640x339).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 978

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Old Dog said:
Aha !
a picture of your website !!

Dog gonnit, Old Dog...you followed the $cent Trail. :laughing9: now that I been pointered out I may have to take down my website.

Oddrock

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
For heavens sake oddrock.. leave the apples alone. That "tripwire pic" is interesting. I see it the second one now..I think. lol Oz.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Cleveland B. said:
Oddrock, that is outstanding. Are all of the heads pointing the same direction ?
C.B.

Sorry for the late reply. The three heads point close to the same direction.

Oddrock

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
tc,
If you find yourself down in southern California, and want to go for a hike, let me know rangler. I'll go check out Red Rock canyon with you. I want to see some Spanish signs up close and personal.

absolutely I will!, and don't forget I am planning a trip to the supers for an outdoor classroom...
and you would be welcome there as well....
rangler

binocs 073 copy.jpg
(c)copyright 2003 an alpha monument in the supers- note kenworthy missed this shot as well..as it is way off the beaten trail...lol

Attachments

• binocs 073 copy.jpg
    binocs 073 copy.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 897
OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
oddrock said:
Twisted

Thanks for posting these last photos. Were the last three closer to home plate or the pitcher's mound or up and above center field? Depth buried and were they locked together as represented? Just curious!

Kim,
Those are trip wires as I booby trap all my sites.
Just kidding....I think they originated from my scanner when I put the picture into my computor.(not on original picture) Have you spotted the 2nd face yet?

Oddrock

Hey Oddrock,

These rabbits were in pieces laid out on a pattern similar to a Large capitol L or at a right angle from each other. Their positioning would look abstract to most folks, but in walking around the close group, one can see that they are an unusual mix of stone somewhat out of character to the surrounding natural rock where they are laid down. A single ear had been left standing several inches straight up out of the ground or they may have not caught my eye.

The miners propped up a pine pole in the entrance of the original entry way and then buried it up landscaping all around to look more or less natural. Pole slide out, rabbits move in. There are rabbits all around the little mound in one burrow or another. Only one of the holes though had ice cold air flowing out from within it; freeze your hand if you held it down in there. A worked opening down on the lode became the new entrance with a small bolder placed over it. The rabbit markers were placed a stones throw away from the hidden vent.

Nice snap Rangler

Attachments

• 1777 Site.jpg
    1777 Site.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 873

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Smiles. Glad to see this sign. Thought the area had been hunted out a long time ago. Mother natures work.

Attachments

• bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 854
  • bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 844

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Twisted,

Thanks so much for the explanation. Makes sense. Liked your last pic, the background is all inspiring...the other is all telling.

Oddrock

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
rangler said:
tc,
If you find yourself down in southern California, and want to go for a hike, let me know rangler. I'll go check out Red Rock canyon with you. I want to see some Spanish signs up close and personal.

absolutely I will!, and don't forget I am planning a trip to the supers for an outdoor classroom...
and you would be welcome there as well....
rangler

(c)copyright 2003 an alpha monument in the supers- note kenworthy missed this shot as well..as it is way off the beaten trail...lol

When? If I can make it, I'll be on my way.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
DM,

In post 30 are the two "spots" wooden pegs or "ironish"?....just kinda looked odd to me.

Oddrock

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
oddrock,

They are wooden. I noticed them too. Not sure they are pegs though. But if it still stands, I will check it out more closely some day.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
Special Thanks to All Who Served....Memorial Day Salute!

With out our Vets we would have no treasures!

Twisted Fork, great views.

Here is another odd rock,

Oddrock

I have seen a similar snake craving in Ok along Red River that the Head pointed to distant mine shaft and area worked by miners. The mine shaft had collapsed and nothing detected with metal detector. Unfortunately I did not have camera with me and have not been back since we came up empty handed.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
rangler said:
rocky,
those 'pegs are' just old branches or 'water shoots'or even younger roots that later the tree grew around...
glad your interested in odd rocks more than wood, because then you name might be....
........lol
rangler

rangler

Thanks for the info on the "Spanish" beaver carvings. Seen some beaver carvings before,...hard to tell from the pic....oh well ... guess you must be the MASTERdeBATOR ? :laughing7:

On a more serious note everyone have a safe and happy and refective July 4th....even if you are not from or in the USA.

Oddrock

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Range markers from the Gunnison valley.
Nothing like em to stimulate a hunt

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 777
  • #2.jpg