QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you I have put more time on this new Infinium than I ever have with Fisher 1235-x and so glad I made the purchase. I don't think it was necessarily because its the Infinium I think it was just a needed purchase to get me more motivated. But anyway, I have been trying to get out now every Sunday back to the same stretch of beach and I'm finding I am struggling a bit when it comes to detecting in the areas where the water comes in and out while digging. It's not deep but I seem to be giving up when I have dig around 2.5ft circumference and at least 20 scoops of sand out of the hole, don't know if its just ghost signals but always seems like the object its picking up must be huge.

Am I doing something wrong, I ended up simply recovering these massive holes I am digging cause it seems the coil rings like crazy in the hole but I have no idea what part is picking it up. I know its not an issue with the detector and as the hole widens and deepens the sound gets louder but its also getting filled back in the water, I'm kind of hunting on the cusp of the waters edge as it washes back and forth.

The Infinium is so sensitive I found a little tiny wire, at least 6 inches deep and it picked it up easily, its so thin too, amazed. Haven't found anything of real value but I have cleaned up some potential foot pokers so that makes me happy. I haven't opted for the recommended 8" coil as I have invested quite a bit already into this new detector so trying to make due with the bigger mono.

Attachments

• wire.png
    wire.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 112

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If you can't find the center of the target by X'ing it, it is a ghost signal. Also, You can use the audio duration to disc out large targets. A typical pop can will give an audio sound lasting 5 seconds, Beginning with the second HIGH-LOW or LOW-High. Now compare that to a coin sized object, which gives about a second of audio duration, again on that second beep.

Bobby pins are easy to also ID. Listen carefully for either a double beep or nulling when swinging over a target. If it nulls, try running the coil over the target from different directions to try and get it to double beep. If it doesn't dig it, for it might be a chain. If it does double beep, chances are it's a bobby pin or nail. If you are still not sure, dig it anyway.....as it costs you nothing.

fgfg.jpg

Last edited:

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're detecting in the water get the 8" mono -- pinpointing is MUCH easier, plus that coil slides through the water with ease.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions