What's new

Picked up $500 from a machine

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
One of my banks calls me when their machine gets $500 worth (when the bag fills). I got a call saying I could come pick them up, but when I got there it was only $400. There were only 3-40%ers out of the whole bunch, so I am wondering if the tellers picked thru and removed a bunch or I am basically getting somebody's rejects? Wonder where the other $100 went?

It took about 5 months from the last time (which was the first time I got from this bank) which yielded about 12-40%ers.

Normally machine bags are great, so this was a bit of a disappointment. This bank is about 1/2 hour drive away, so I may tell them no next time they call.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
hope you are not out 100 bucks. sounds like it was cherrypicked at the bank
 
silvercop said:
hope you are not out 100 bucks. sounds like it was cherrypicked at the bank


No, nothing like that. There was $400 there like they said. I know from what the teller said before though that they wait until $500 to empty the machine. So either they decided to empty it early, or someone took out $100 worth before they called me.

I didn't ask any questions about it when I picked up the $400. Just said "thanks" and left.

Jim
 
Jim,

Today when I dumped some halves the bag had to be changed after I dropped in $52.00 dollars. The manager removes the bag, and her and the teller are pointing out the silver,"here's one",three more here" etc.
They were like a couple of vultures picking at a carcass.
If I were the boss there I'd tell them never mind looking at the coins GET BACK TO WORK! Then when they went back to work I'd suck those coins up like a silver vaccum
 
Yep most likely the tellers went thru and pick out the silver in it. I would say 9 out of 10 tellers knows about the silver coins and yes they do stash them in places at work so they can take them home.
 
Jim, that's a bummer. More and more Bank employees are getting
Hip to our hobby. The thing I don't understand is why don't they
take all the silver.
I have had them pull silver out of rolls in front of me and still not
get it all.
Hopefully the next time it will be overflowing with silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom