Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
Was good to get back into my monthly dollar cost averaging. Held off for a few months hoping for a big drop, which still could happen later. Either way gonna keep getting a little each month as long as the price is in the low 30s. If it drops to the 20s, gonna get even more.

Jim

Good for you Jim, I've been buying lately also and you must have received the same e-mail as me yesterday as I came close to buying a couple of 10oz bars also. :laughing9:

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Marchas45 said:
jim4silver said:
Was good to get back into my monthly dollar cost averaging. Held off for a few months hoping for a big drop, which still could happen later. Either way gonna keep getting a little each month as long as the price is in the low 30s. If it drops to the 20s, gonna get even more.

Jim

Good for you Jim, I've been buying lately also and you must have received the same e-mail as me yesterday as I came close to buying a couple of 10oz bars also. :laughing9:

I like both 10 oz bars and lower premium 1 oz bars/rounds. If I can get Mexican libertads cheap I like those too. I avoid the high premium stuff nowadays- ASE, Maples, etc. Also not buying any junk silver since I have what I found CRHing.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
Marchas45 said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

I like both 10 oz bars and lower premium 1 oz bars/rounds. If I can get Mexican libertads cheap I like those too. I avoid the high premium stuff nowadays- ASE, Maples, etc. Also not buying any junk silver since I have what I found CRHing.

Jim

Gainesville coins has the 10oz NTR bars at 49cents over spot and I was tempted for sure but I'm gonna wait and see what happens, maybe later this evening when the Asian market goes down. Lol Charlie

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Jim, good to hear about the buy. Even though I did a bit of roll hunting this year, the finds really fell off after the price spike, and my hunting trickled off quite a bit this fall.
The last couple weeks I took the money I'd spend on gas (12-15 mpg), and threw it into a kitty. Within a month I'd saved enough to buy a nice proof-like Morgan from my dealer. I probably shouldn't have, but a very nice coin!
Other than that, I haven't bought much silver, but a few new $20 gold. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions