Pickin’ Through the Wooded Iron Patch

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I decided to get out of the fields and hit a group of cellar holes in the woods I haven’t touched for over a year. Site is about 50 yds square of constant iron grunts on every swing. Only way to search is with a small coil, work slow, and dig all iffy signals that squeal through the iron. I tried a different technique since my last time here which only yielded one button. I’ve previously dug seated coins, Indians, and Trimes from this site so I know there’s still stuff to find. As you can see the buttons were popping out of the ground. One of the 2 pc buttons has a train on it, got a small ball button with design, a couple flatties with nice back marks, and one brittle casted button. I believe the disc is an iron button but not sure, I’ve only found one other one before. A few other odds and ended included the little clasp. Does anyone recognize this as a garment clasp? Seems a little harsh and has some iron corrosion. Also dug a nice bale seal. All in all I had a lot of fun in the woods sniping for small targets in the iron and can’t wait to get back. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_5891.jpeg
    IMG_5891.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5893.jpeg
    IMG_5893.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5908.jpeg
    IMG_5908.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5910.jpeg
    IMG_5910.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5916.jpeg
    IMG_5916.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5915.jpeg
    IMG_5915.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5918.jpeg
    IMG_5918.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5919.jpeg
    IMG_5919.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5899.jpeg
    IMG_5899.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5911.jpeg
    IMG_5911.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
Upvote 24
Still some good picking at the site, well done on the recoveries.
It's been awhile since a seal has shown up in the dirt for me.

Yesterday I decided to get out of the fields and hit a group of cellar holes in the woods I haven’t touched for over a year. Site is about 50 yds square of constant iron grunts on every swing. Only way to search is with a small coil, work slow, and dig all iffy signals that squeal through the iron. I tried a different technique since my last time here which only yielded one button. I’ve previously dug seated coins, Indians, and Trimes from this site so I know there’s still stuff to find. As you can see the buttons were popping out of the ground. One of the 2 pc buttons has a train on it, got a small ball button with design, a couple flatties with nice back marks, and one brittle casted button. I believe the disc is an iron button but not sure, I’ve only found one other one before. A few other odds and ended included the little clasp. Does anyone recognize this as a garment clasp? Seems a little harsh and has some iron corrosion. Also dug a nice bale seal. All in all I had a lot of fun in the woods sniping for small targets in the iron and can’t wait to get back. Thanks for looking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back