Picking up where I left off last year ! Old nickels and Indian head cents.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only been out about 3 times this year but the results have been the same as last year. After digging 90 old nickels last year and Park Pirate digging about 80, I thought we had cleaned out the old parks but they just keep showing up. So far this year, one shield nickel, two Buffalos and today's 1906 V nickel and 1943-P war nickel. So 5 old nickels in about a week. Also have dug 4 indian head cents. No silver coins yet ! I'm not complaining because I know some guys don't find many older nickels or indian heads. Just would be nice to dig something different with maybe some more shine to it !

Attachments

• DSCN5002.JPG
    DSCN5002.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 9
Good hunt Ed. You guys really know how to listen for those deep nickels.

You'll get into some old silver soon bud. Or a 77 IH 8-)

Yup things are slow now, but should be picking up now the ground is drying up Nice finds Ed, killing them nickels agian i see, i also got a war nick last weekend 45P see ya next weekend.....:occasion14:

Nice coins. I have only gotten 5 IHCs and 1 Buffalo in the last year, so that looks really good to me! Congrats.

You guys are park-nickel professionals that's awesome that you keep finding them in them old, likely pounded parks, congrats!

Well, I'm off to a good start with another Buffalo today ! So up to six in about 2 weeks, At this rate, I'm on pace for just about 100 ! Also dug indian head cent #5 for the month this morning.

Nice digs . Thanks for sharing the hunt and the pictures

Claddy, at least you found a silver coin this year!

i got 2 v nickles in the same hole in linc park a few weeks ago by the bum gully lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back