What's new

Pics getting better

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2003
Messages
6,586
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hooked up a new scanner. My photo skills are, well, non-existant. So I went out this morning in search of a new subject to try out on the new scanner. About half an hour later I found this '07 D dime, one clad dime and a mem cent. Looked for another half hour but got nothing.

Gotta find more subject matter for the new scanner.
Happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 07d dime.webp
    07d dime.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 192
wow thats nice, i wish my printer scanner would make coins look so good, just a blob.
 
That is one sweet dime :thumbsup:

Your new scanner did it justice ;D
 
AWESOME Barber Tim. Keep feeding your scanner, it did a great job!!!!
 
Ditto.. Very nice find ..crisp pic & crisp Barber..Looks AU..
 
Proper!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WTG on that great dime and congrats on the new scanner!

That is one excellently fine coin, Tim! :wink:
 
very nice barber dime , look forward to seeing your scanner in use!
 
Thanks guys! Didn't know myself how good this coin looked until I scanned it in. Only ground damage is to the "I T" in UNITED. Very little ground scarring. It rang up as a silver quarter should but it had a large nail head with it and the rig up-averaged the target response instead lowering it.

5" down under a small driveway apron just 20' in front of a plaqued 1859 house. The whole front yard is covered by long-overgrown evergreens, perfect for keeping oldies in place and shallow. No one home when I was there but it's a real awesome looking yard that'll get me back there for a site hunt.
 
Lowbatts said:
Gotta find more subject matter for the new scanner.

That's the first rule for having 'better pictures'. Nice dime :thumbsup: And look forward to seeing more scanned items. I personally have never tried a scanner since I have a pretty good DSLR with the right lens for the job, but perhaps I should try a scanner on my next posting?
 
Awesome dime buddy!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
The scan looks real good. You might be able to make it look even better depending on your software.
If you have a way to play with contrast and brightness it may enhance the edges of the letters even more. Or you could try a sharpen filter but that sometimes introduces grain into the entire picture.

You couldn't ask for a better looking coin though!
 
That is a nice find and scan.

I should try to get out today! :)

Nick
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom