Pics Of Up To Date Best Finds......

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
I started Mding back in February with a cheap MD I bought on Ebay for around $40. A couple of swings with it got me hooked as I found my first targets, mostly trash and some clad, but that was all it took to get addicted to this hobby. Spring Break comes along and I headed to visit my son in Houston, Texas carrying my little MD (Novigear Target Shooter) and ended up getting him hooked also to the point that he ended up staying with my MD when I returned back home. I bought an ACE 150 and had it for a couple of days, ended up selling it cause it was kind of hard trying to pinpoint the targets with it. I then came across this Discovery 1100 on ebay for $70.00 and became happy with the purchase of this machine. I am getting all targets without any problems in pinpointing them. Yes, I know that a lot of people say that the ACE150 is much better that the Discovery 1100 but I worked with both and this was the one that did the job. This are the following best finds and keepers I have recovered from Feb-May 2007. The last find was today at the County Park, strong sound, 6" deep, and a gleaming pop out came out with this Silver Ring!!!

Thanks For Dropping By!!!
55TXBANDIT​

Attachments

• Best Knives.JPG
    Best Knives.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 812
  • Best Buttons.JPG
    Best Buttons.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 819
  • Best Charms.JPG
    Best Charms.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 818
  • Silver RIngs.JPG
    Silver RIngs.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 823
  • Silver Jewelry.JPG
    Silver Jewelry.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 808
  • Silver Coins.JPG
    Silver Coins.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 808
  • Misc. Keepers.JPG
    Misc. Keepers.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 803
Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bandit - Nice recap of finds. The knives are pretty neat. I started out with the 1100. Decent machine for under $100. I actually have 2 of them. My son uses one, and I let my dad, or whomever else is crazy enough to go detecting with me, use the other.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Bandit, my first detector was a BH 1100, it not only got me hooked, but found me 3 silver coins in the two months I used it, along with other goodies. I swore to sell it, but still have it laying here. I'll tell you this much.......I loved that machine's coin finding abilities. Its one and only drawback (In my humble opinion) is depth.......this is where the 2200 or 3300 may come in (Never used one but willing to try). PP'ing with a 150 or 250 coil that reads on the outer coil without a pin-pointer is tough as nails in my opinion..........I actually posted on here and set a goal to learn to raw X a target with that proformance coil before learning to PP and got to the point where I could manage, but it's even easier when doing it with the 250's PP'er. That's why when people ask the question "150 or 250", I always point out the PP'er. It makes the 250 and possibly breaks the 150. Great finds Bandit, and very well laid out for us to see..........thanks for sharing.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bandit,
Some very nice finds you got there. Thanks for sharing. Great story & pix too.
Keep it up.
-MM-

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
Very cool finds!

The 1100 was my first MD - got it for Christmas and I was hooked on day 1. I was finding lots of stuff. Within 6 weeks I knew I needed to upgrade and went with the ACE250 after reading many reviews - and it was in my price range. My clad count has tripled with the ACE and I have finally found gold and diamonds with it. The pinpointer feature on the 250 is awesome...

R

RUDY2003

Yea Bandit, you are cleanin up! I started with a Titan recomended by Kelyco and after a few months decided to get a Ace 250 and am doin much better too. Most people I run into are intrested in MDing but are tenative to start, but once they try it the are hooked too. I'm addicted and I love it!!!

OP
OP
S

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Prober said:
Great knives and rings! Is the one with the stone real?

Being Real Silver?
Yes It Is.
Are Stones Real?
They Are Proabably Not.

Thank You
55TXBANDIT

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some great finds there bandit. Keep up the
good work!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
very nice! i love that walker. im still looking for one myself!

OP
OP
S

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Thanks Gang For All Your Replies!!!
Smokey​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread