What's new

Picture frame

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suspect this to be a picture frame rather than brooch or other decorative piece. Any ideas of time frame?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 006.webp
    Picture 006.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Picture 007.webp
    Picture 007.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 229
I think it is a civilian sash buckle.
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I think it is a civilian sash buckle.

I agree with Buckles... I like this description I am plagiarizing:

"Sash pins or sash brooches were first worn at the waist of a dress in the late 1800's, many being quite wide and ornate. Some of the pins can be worn as any other brooch but are also fashioned to be worn as a sash pin."
 
Upvote 0
Did the cut leather piece serve a function or was it only decorative?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Did the cut leather piece serve a function or was it only decorative?

LOL... I thought it was tin or brass... you say it's leather?

I still think it was just a peice of leather that was meant to be seen through the peice, or was wrapped by a decorative cloth or was the backing for glass stone or other object - no telling what might be missing.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
IronSpike said:
Did the cut leather piece serve a function or was it only decorative?

LOL... I thought it was tin or brass... you say it's leather?

I still think it was just a peice of leather that was meant to be seen through the peice, or was wrapped by a decorative cloth or was the backing for glass stone or other object - no telling what might be missing.

The sash buckle I believe is brass.

Yeah a black piece of leather would kind of look cool. If something is missing maybe I'll find a nice big gemstone on a future dig ;D

Thanks guys for the ID :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
419
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Itched brass item
Replies
3
Views
417

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom