PICTURE POSTING HELP WANTED

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
tried downsizing till i didn't even have a picture left to post..no matter what i try i can not get photo size small enough to post...must be the stupid or retard coming out in me.....either way, i got with marc, he upped the size from 128 to 196...i still can get my pics no smaller than 4-10 times this...have ruined several trying...tried it in both my kodak program and my newer h/p program to no avail......i have literally hundreds of pics of tree/rock carvings and also others that i know would be of great interest to several members here but i do not have the sense to figure out how to post...i have tried several of the things different people here have posted to do...tried sending as thumbnails, cropped to death, downsized to a pic so small it looks like a pencil tip , yet still can't post them because the size is too big ??.......if anyone here has the time and the interest and the sense, and would like to post these pics, i can email them a link or send pics with no problem via email........just let me know..................thanks.....gldhntr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me one & I'll check & tell you what I had to do.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
sent a few jeff...you do not need register on the h/p, just click to veiw i believe.....gldhntr

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi gldhntr, if you wish send me a couple and I will work on them..... all my pics on this site have been reduced to perfection......

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
sent several....let me know if they come through or not.....thanks, gldhntr

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldhntr said:
tried downsizing till i didn't even have a picture left to post..no matter what i try i can not get photo size small enough to post...must be the stupid or retard coming out in me.....either way, i got with marc, he upped the size from 128 to 196...i still can get my pics no smaller than 4-10 times this...have ruined several trying...tried it in both my kodak program and my newer h/p program to no avail......i have literally hundreds of pics of tree/rock carvings and also others that i know would be of great interest to several members here but i do not have the sense to figure out how to post...i have tried several of the things different people here have posted to do...tried sending as thumbnails, cropped to death, downsized to a pic so small it looks like a pencil tip , yet still can't post them because the size is too big ??.......if anyone here has the time and the interest and the sense, and would like to post these pics, i can email them a link or send pics with no problem via email........just let me know..................thanks.....gldhntr

Hey, gldhntr:
Is the HP photo app you have the Photo Impression 4 ? That's what I have and the way to make your photos smaller for posting on the web you must call up the pix you want to the applaication; change the resilution to 200 mega-pixels; in the re-sizing, choose " pixel " and NOT " inches " and save the pix as a .jpg to a new file you set-up to hold all your pictures for posting. You didn't say what type of camera you use. If you're scanning 35mm photos into your computer, scan and save them at about 800 mega-pixels as .tiff . If you use a digital camera, save the transferred pix as .tiff . The .tiff will save any loss from compressing the files. Change them to .jpg ( or .jpeg which is the same ) for transferring in e-mails and processing as stated above for web posting. Computer monitors only use about 72 mega-pixels in displaying photos. If you haven't done it already; read the HELP files of your photo processing application and learn the fine points. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread