Pictures of my fossils from the Peace River.

cthulhu

May 28, 2010
Tampa Bay
Here's my stuff. No where near all of it, I have lots of other misc stuff like bones and such.

Extinct Bison teeth
DeM0H.jpg

Horse teeth (including 3 toed horse, early species of equis on bottom left but the chewing surface is not pictured)
Un5BP.jpg

Cameloid teeth (the two on the right are camel)
GG12l.jpg

Capybara and tapir teeth (on right)
Rqexd.jpg

Mostly Tiger Shark on left and extinct snaggle tooth shark on right
Yb3MA.jpg

Extinct Mako shark
2iFvc.jpg

Pile of random sharks teeth
EybJn.jpg

Mammoth tooth(actually from a beach)
BSiFx.jpg

Giant ground sloth tooth
TkjpC.jpg

chewing surface of sloth tooth
XPDir.jpg

Not 100% sure of accuracy of all of the stuff, especially the incisors.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Nice teeth! I have always wanted to get scuba certified just so I could search for stuff like that!

Chuck

OP
OP
cthulhu

cthulhu

May 28, 2010
Tampa Bay
ohio said:
Nice teeth! I have always wanted to get scuba certified just so I could search for stuff like that!

Chuck

This stuff is all from wading/screenwashing.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
ohio said:

Chuck

you dont have to get certified to dive the rivers, alot of the river divers I know have never been certified and they burn over 100 tanks a year, and dont have a problem getting them filled either

Nice fossils, you have worn the Peace out huh?

OP
OP
cthulhu

cthulhu

May 28, 2010
Tampa Bay
centfladigger said:
you dont have to get certified to dive the rivers, alot of the river divers I know have never been certified and they burn over 100 tanks a year, and dont have a problem getting them filled either

Nice fossils, you have worn the Peace out huh?

If you mean am I ready for new challenges, then yes I am! I still have yet to find a perfect front Meg tooth. All of mine have chips or are brokes.

Uncertified river divers? Wow, that's ballsy. That's the most dangerous environment around, isn't it? dark water, obstructions, gators, glass, snapping turtles. But I know that's how you find the best stuff.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Ballsy? I'd call it foolish. It also puts in jeopardy anyone who is conned into filling the scuba tanks. Ah well . . . scuba-divers are like any subset of the population: some are prudent, some take unnecessary risks.

OP
OP
cthulhu

cthulhu

May 28, 2010
Tampa Bay
Harry Pristis said:
Ballsy? I'd call it foolish. It also puts in jeopardy anyone who is conned into filling the scuba tanks. Ah well . . . scuba-divers are like any subset of the population: some are prudent, some take unnecessary risks.

Hi Harry! Mind taking a look at those teeth above, especially the incisors? I bet I got some of those ID's wrong. Check the cameloid and horse pics. Much appreciated!

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
cthulhu said:
Harry Pristis said:

Hi Harry! Mind taking a look at those teeth above, especially the incisors? I bet I got some of those ID's wrong. Check the cameloid and horse pics. Much appreciated!
I think you've got the IDs correct. In the third image, the two teeth on the left appear to be Equus horse (a newly erupted cheek tooth and a well-worn incisor). Good work!

camelmandibularsymphysis.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread