Moe (fl) Hero Member Joined Jul 25, 2007 Messages 731 Reaction score 98 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida Detector(s) used Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 16, 2010 #1 This broken piece was found at the beach. It is heavy bronze/brass. It has ridges on inside. Any ideas? I estimate that the inner diameter is a little more than 1.5 inch. The thickness is 1/4 inch. Attachments f6.webp 13.7 KB · Views: 471 f7.webp 21 KB · Views: 445 f8.webp 19.1 KB · Views: 460
This broken piece was found at the beach. It is heavy bronze/brass. It has ridges on inside. Any ideas? I estimate that the inner diameter is a little more than 1.5 inch. The thickness is 1/4 inch.
shaun7 Gold Member Joined May 20, 2008 Messages 6,194 Reaction score 64 Golden Thread 0 Location uk Detector(s) used tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp Jan 16, 2010 #2 Re: piece of pipe or small cannon It looks like the shrapnel I find here! Upvote 0
Moe (fl) Hero Member Joined Jul 25, 2007 Messages 731 Reaction score 98 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida Detector(s) used Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 27, 2010 Thread Owner #3 Here are pics after cleaning. Attachments f7.webp 27.4 KB · Views: 325 f8.webp 15.9 KB · Views: 392 f9.webp 29.1 KB · Views: 310 Upvote 0
dozer dan Hero Member Joined Jan 14, 2008 Messages 907 Reaction score 602 Golden Thread 0 Location PNW Primary Interest: Other Jan 27, 2010 #4 you've got a lot of brass to be posting that here! Upvote 0
Moe (fl) Hero Member Joined Jul 25, 2007 Messages 731 Reaction score 98 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida Detector(s) used Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 28, 2010 Thread Owner #5 I am thinking this is part of a swivel gun. The diameter would be about 1.5 inches which is the right size. Upvote 0
I am thinking this is part of a swivel gun. The diameter would be about 1.5 inches which is the right size.
Broken knee Bronze Member Joined Dec 12, 2009 Messages 1,909 Reaction score 785 Golden Thread 0 Location in your back yard Detector(s) used excal 2 Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 28, 2010 #6 Moe (fl) said: I am thinking this is part of a swivel gun. The diameter would be about 1.5 inches which is the right size. Click to expand... Moe, maybe a piece of Babbit bearing from a propeller shaft on a boat? Upvote 0
Moe (fl) said: I am thinking this is part of a swivel gun. The diameter would be about 1.5 inches which is the right size. Click to expand... Moe, maybe a piece of Babbit bearing from a propeller shaft on a boat?
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Jan 28, 2010 #7 It has score lines like a bearing. Also looks like heat damage. But I cant say for sure.. Upvote 0
Moe (fl) Hero Member Joined Jul 25, 2007 Messages 731 Reaction score 98 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida Detector(s) used Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 28, 2010 Thread Owner #8 Thanks. I am not sure about the propeller bearing. http://cannonsuperstore.com/Portuguese_sold.htm Upvote 0