Dziadzia

Greenie
Apr 9, 2013
Joliet , Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you all have heard this before , but after starting this hobby , for the last 5 months , I can't believe what pigs people are . We have these nice public parks and they can't even pick up their trash and put it in the garbage can . It sort of makes me sad . I feel like that Native American in that old commercial , when a signal tear falls down his face . I will now get down off my soapbox .

metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Couldn't agree more Dziadzia. Heck, just today I was behind a car that threw out a McDonald's bag - simply unreal!

metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Couldn't agree more Dziadzia. Heck, just today I was behind a car that threw out a McDonald's bag - simply unreal!

I know what you mean. Did you get a pic of their license plate? I would have & reported it. I abide by the rules so can others.

Dziadzia,
I hunted a local park Saturday and picked up a tall kitchen bag full of paper, cans, and plastic water bottles. It seems like no one even tries to police their areas. Did get a "thank you" from a couple of park visitors.
By the way, You made a reference to the "Native American." Do a Google search for "Iron Eyes Cody." You will be in for a surprise. HH, Terry.

We have the same type of pigs here to, no respect for there country and spinelas laws, England is spoiled by rubbish dumpers and people who litter everywere :BangHead:

SS

I live in a super small town of 90 people and theres trash in the park that wasnt there before like beer cans ,soda cans,candy wrappers its a constant thing cleaning up after these ignorant people

I don't want to single out a group but it does seam like a lot of our teens do not care .

It isn't really there fault they haven't been taught any different teach our children and stay on the soap box

i work at a wellness facilities and you would not believe the people that sit here and eat fast food then as they get out of their cars drop the bags in the parking lot next to their cars .
total low life's .

I have seen it for 20 years on the New Jersey beaches. Dig holes in the sand and bury their cups, sandwich foil, butts, cans etc. I decided years ago the mentality is laziness, along with the idea NOT my problem. In the towns where you have to buy a beach tag to access the beach the problem is worse. People want their money's worth, instead of using one of the numerous trash cans on the beach. Let somebody else clean it up. I like to have silver for every time I had to leave my grid to go use the trash can, as I couldn't carry anymore and detect.:BangHead:

I seldom complain here on TN, but I strongly agree with you guys. I'm firmly convinced my county is the arm pit of my great state. Every ditch, every road side park and empty space is loaded with trash. My state has the road adoption signs program in place. Sometimes I'm tempted to call the names on those signs and tell them to get out and clean the trash out of the ditches.

I fill a 45 gallon Home Depot trash bag full a couple of times a year on my adopted 4 th's of a mile.

i recall about 12 year ago, a nicely dressed older, respectable but ordinary looking woman in a late model car drop a bag of fast food garbage out of her car at a stop light not far from where I lived. I was surprised. I rolled down my window and told her "ma'am don't come into my neighborhood and drop your garbage here. How'd you like it if I dropped garbage on the street in front of your house." she just scowled at me.

I commend you scaupus. Maybe you made her think a little.

good job scaupus . i had 1 person here at work i confronted , i seen him and his buddy eating in there car as i walked to my vehicle to get something, as i came back they had went inside and i noticed mcdonlads bags and cups on the ground on both sides of the vehicle, i picked them both up and stuck them under his wiper blades . if his window had been down i would have thrown them inside his car.
then i went inside and asked if a couple guys had just checked in ? and they had , got there names and where they went and went and confronted them . both denied it but i knew better .
when i went out later they were gone and the trash was on the ground again.
have not seen either of them here since then.

Amazing......very sad but this is just a reflection of how far America has fallen...........people are far more rude today, less willing to help it seems also.....
Yet there are still many good people out there, such as those on this forum.....God bless ya'll

We have TV adds for this ,it's called "Don't Mess With Texas" it seems to work in some parts of the state.

Damn disposable diapers. Want to go camp and fish. Pull into a nice camping spot by the river or feeder stream only to be greeted by a fire pit over flowing with used disposable diapers that they didn't even try to burn. Find them mostly where there are fishing camps. Guess the mothers with babies don't go hunting as often as they go fishing. Need their nose rubbed in it, then kicked out of the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back