What's new

Pillbox?

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today at an old church site. It is aluminum, and on the front it says, "Compliments of R. Walsh..." There are a few more script letters after "Walsh" but I cant make out what they are. The three birds in the center look like quail. Is this a pillbox? If so, how old is it considering it's aluminum? I am unable to open it, but there is something inside, either dirt or pills. Any ideas on how I can open this thing?
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3117.webp
    DSCF3117.webp
    43 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCF3118.webp
    DSCF3118.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 272
I was able to open it, just dirt inside as I suspected. I am curious to know if R. Walsh was the owner or a company name? Also the age of this if you guys could help.

Thanks in advance...
 
Upvote 0
The key to solving this might be those other letters. Any guess at all as to what they are?

Its a neat little object. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
just a wag, male,female bird, baby chick hatching
condom tin, or a something to say congrats on the newborn
 
Upvote 0
cw0909 said:
just a wag, male,female bird, baby chick hatching
condom tin, or a something to say congrats on the newborn

bad quality condom :help:
 
Upvote 0
Nice ID Bramblefind. :thumbsup:

The R. Walsh and Co. certainly look to be a match.
 
Upvote 0
Wow, that's it! The lettering is even in the same script style. Awesome ID guys, thanks! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
That is a cool find; I'll probably find another 1881 Indian some day, but we'll not likely find another one of those!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom