What's new

Pin found at Boy Scout Camp

Deerhunter24

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
568
Reaction score
286
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Found this pin at a boy scout camp.

It says " AD ALTARE DEI."

It appears as though the words are separated by tiny crosses/crucifix.
 

Attachments

  • addei.webp
    addei.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 338
catholic boy scout "award"
 
Upvote 0
I'll have to go over the wooded area in which I found it again. I'm guessing that if the top part of the pin fell off...then the cross is probably somewhere in the area as well.

DH24

PS...Nice call PBK
 
Upvote 0
The purpose of the Ad Altare Dei (to the altar of God--yes, Drache) program is to help Catholic Boy Scouts of the Roman Rite develop a fully Christian way of life in the faith community. The program is organized in chapters based on the seven Sacraments. The seven Sacraments are a primary means toward spiritual growth.
More here: http://www.nccs-bsa.org/emblems-awards/aad.php
 
Upvote 0
wow...1 min. 44 sec.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom