Upvote 0

PaleIO

Apr 1, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love that shark's tooth! I have a friend that worked on an airforce base conducting controlled burns, he has a 5 gal bucket nearly full of teeth but I have never seen one drilled. Something we don't see much in my part of the world.

OP
OP
tomclark

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
They were like strung candies in place in a wall of a midden being taken out for a driveway...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drilling a sharks tooth is not an easy thing even with modern tools. That would have surely taken some time and patience. I've drilled a few with diamond bits and it's not always the bit that wins!

OP
OP
tomclark

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
20160602_160303.jpg Sometimes you don't need to drill a hole, some worm or shellish did it for you 20 million years earlier! Midden, found in two pieces

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool tooth, not hardly common,,, If your gonna find a bead you might as well find a necklace,Lol. a very very nice and rare find, Looks like some glass beads, blue might be Spanish...Some worms just know where to drill! Lol....interesting post Tom.,

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Wouldn’t a cache of beads be named “a string “.
Those are the kinda of artifacts I just love to imagine.
I can easily picture hundreds and hundreds of beads being made, every-belly stuffed full of mussels or snail? Piles of shells, busting them down grind round punching holes.
Happy, busy even a form communal or social gatherings. A celebration of living life to the fullest.
I never thought about sharks having cavities? It would take all morning to brush that hand sized one

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread