Pinpointed suggestion

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Iā€™ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Whiteā€™s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, Whiteā€™s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pin pointers for tiny stud earrings

Ok, I have a question concerning pinpointers that I hope can be answered. Simply put; does anyone know of a super sensitive pinpointer (even a stud finder) that can detect a small stud earring??

Iā€™ve used/tested the following over the years and none of these worked:

Garrett Propointer
AT Propointer
Profind 24
Whiteā€™s TRX
Deus MI6
Deteknix (orange one that looks like a Propointer)
Makro Pointer

Specifically I was wondering if a Pistol Probe could do it or one of the newer Minelab or even an older Whiteā€™s Bulls eye II could do it? Can one of those gold probes do it?

Does anyone have any experience with this? BTW, what I mean by stud earring, Iā€™m referring to one with not much metal in it such as a 1/4 carat diamond one

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you didn't see my post on the pinpointers page. Tek-Point or F-Pulse are sensitive to very small gold. I haven't used every brand, but the videos I've seen do not compare with the Tek-Point. i don't think most pinpointers can hit small gold. Think they said one grain.

Last edited:

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Falcon MD20 would pick it up no problem but that would be a ridiculous purchase for a stand alone metal detecting pin pointer. Very sensitive but also too delicate and awkward.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Iā€™ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Whiteā€™s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, Whiteā€™s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the advice I agree that getting the falcon pinpointer wouldn't make sense especially how infrequently I've been asked to find small earrings. I also didn't know that the Tekpoint was that sensitive. I will see a dealer at a detecting outing and I will see if he can order me one. Thanks again for all the advice.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased a used F-Pulse from a dealer and it is the most sensitive pinpointer that Iā€™ve used. The TRX does a good job and it is pretty sensitive but I think the Fisher edged it out. I also donā€™t like it when the TRX falses, but I love it otherwise.

jsmorleymxt

Mar 25, 2008
Spring Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75
Iā€™m a super fan of the sun ray Invader probes. I think they are better than pin pointers in my own opinion. They are so easy to use and pretty powerful. Thatā€™s my choice

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got the F pulse also and that's the the way to go. It's very sensitive.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I purchased a used F-Pulse from a dealer and it is the most sensitive pinpointer that Iā€™ve used. The TRX does a good job and it is pretty sensitive but I think the Fisher edged it out. I also donā€™t like it when the TRX falses, but I love it otherwise.

My first F-Pulse DID match the TRX. Then it had problems and was returned. The replacement only competes with the Garrett Carrot. Best depth with F-Pulse on a dime now is 2.75 inches, and 3.25 inches on a nickel. I complained big time to their service people, including their quality engineer.

Frank mildly told me that 3.25" detection on a nickel, and 2.75" on a copper penny or dime, was perfectly in specifcation. If fact, they didn't even acknowledge that the first units were matching what depth/sensitivity that my first unit actually did.

I'll never trust them again. It insults me every time I hear owners who say theirs matches the TRX or beats the TRX. I own a TRX. If you roll the dice and buy one, thinking your F-Pulse will hit 5 inches on a nickel and 3.5 inches on dimes, go for it. Not me, anymore.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you locating the general spot with a Detector and then trying to narrow it down with a PP?
Marvin

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This turned into a good post

Top Member Reactions