What's new

Pinpointer question

Patrick14

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Richmond Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm searching online trying to find an affordable pinpointer. I see that most people like the Garrett pinpointer but I just can't throw $125.00 at a pinpointer right now. Is there any lower priced pinpointers that have a good reputation that won't break the bank? Thanks in advance for any help.
 
I have been using the Harbor Freight one for the last year. It cost $15 and has saved me a lot of time!
 
I've heard about that one but was skeptical. Maybe worth a try. Thanks mtholen!!
 
I use the Garrett but my dad used Harbor Freight for years. He kept it in a ziplock baggie because he said dirt and debris in the switch was its biggest weakness.
 
I just bought my dad a Bounty Hunter Pointer for the heck of it. He really needs one period. So i spent about 30 dollars on amazon. It has vibration so i recommend it.
 
Yeah its a lot of money at first, but sooner or later you might just buy one! I did! Just save your money now! You wont be disappointed! ;)
 
If you do not have the money get the Harbor freight one. I used one and it works ok. It is better than nothing. Hopefully you will be able to get a Garret down the road. Of course Garett is better but the Harbor freight is better than nothing. I gave mine to a friend and he still uses it.
 
My kids Bounty Hunter I got him for his birthday came with one, a Bounty Hunter model, it worked but I was wondering how much difference a Garret ProPointer was. I kept putting the clad away as we'd find it and checked Craigslist everyday. The other day I got lucky and seen one used for $60, I jumped on it and can honestly say, it makes a BIG difference, recovery time has been cut waaaay down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom