What's new

Pinpointers

whiteriver23

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bull Shoals, AR
Detector(s) used
MXT - BHID 300
Decided to buy a pinpointer, been looking at Garrett & Minelab
but can't figure why the Minelab cost approx. $40 more than
the Garrett? I see posts all over the place for Garrett but,
not much on the Minelab version. Has anybody here had
experience with both that would care to make a comment?
Thanks
JP
 
I have a Garrett Pro Pointer, wouldnt be without it. It saves a lot of time finding small targets.
 
I looked at them all and the Pro Pointer was the one I got. Very EZ to get on and off. And it has a nice light for that night hunt. And you get a nice case to put it on your belt to.
It has made my hunting for my target much faster. I now spend more time finding more targets then just going over and over the hole with my MD.

DSC03509.webpDSC03505.webpDSC03513.webp
Got to get you one HH
 
Last edited:
I was in the States this summer. Bought the Garretts pinpointer. Used to make fun of those who used them. (They weren't "hardcore" enough for me.)
Now, wouldn't be without it. Speeds up the finds. And I was good at using the head of my detector, and waving the soil under the head. But, the pinpointer beats my old way. And, it will decrease the accidents where you damage the deep finds.
Can't really answer your initial question, though. I know that Minelab puts out a top quality line of detectors. But, have no experience with their pinpointers.
Let me/us know if you find out that there are better features on the Minelab than the Garretts.
 
From what I can determine, the Minelab has a couple more bells/whistles but,
I can't see that it's worth the extra money. I may just join the crowd and
spring for the Garrett.
JP
 
johnblack5410 said:
saw dozens of snakes in the water suckling on the cows

Eek! That would have been an interesting picture to post
 
The Garretts are great pinpointers ...unless you throw them into trees!
 
Love the Garrett ProPointer. Lots less digging once you pinpoint your target. Makes finding an old dirt colored coin so much easier. I like it so much that I bought two, Got a BOGO deal from Kelly Co detectors that I couldn't pass up. They are well worth the price. You will NOT regret havving a Garrett pinpointer on your belt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom