Pipsico Gang - Dillards Wharf Post Office?

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• dillardpostoffice.JPG
    dillardpostoffice.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 260

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pipsico Gang - Dillard's Wharf Post Office?

Nice info Kiros ty. One of these days we will solve the location of all the stores etc that were supposed to be on or near that wharf.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Kiros....I found another article like that about the post office at Dillard's....I think it's different than what yours says...I'll have to look it up. I'm not having much luck with finding old newspaper clippings from Dillard's Wharf...but I have found a few articles that may be of interest.

Thanks for posting...I'll have to add that to the ones I found (if that's ok with you :wink:)

Also, I heard again from Eve (Historical Society Surry Co)....she said the dates should be posted really soon and I hope to be headed there within the month...wish me luck...I'm going to see if I can somehow get copies of the pics of Dillard's Wharf Ranger Dan spoke of.

Talk with you soon,
Annmarie

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ron and Ann said:
Kiros....I found another article like that about the post office at Dillard's....I think it's different than what yours says...I'll have to look it up. I'm not having much luck with finding old newspaper clippings from Dillard's Wharf...but I have found a few articles that may be of interest.

Thanks for posting...I'll have to add that to the ones I found (if that's ok with you :wink:)

Also, I heard again from Eve (Historical Society Surry Co)....she said the dates should be posted really soon and I hope to be headed there within the month...wish me luck...I'm going to see if I can somehow get copies of the pics of Dillard's Wharf Ranger Dan spoke of.

Talk with you soon,
Annmarie

No problem

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300

Ann and Kiros, thanks for all the research. You guys do all this and still have time for jobs, wow, ;D. I may be new and not very knowledgeable, but I will help how ever I can. Just give me some instructions (training as I know it :D) and I will be happy to dive in. Ann I do live a bit closer, so if you need I can go with you or if you have a POC, just let me know and maybe I can assist a little. I do have off on Saturdays and Sundays. Really, thanks for all you guys do.

Gary

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon

A little info on the wharf during the civil war.

Attachments

• dillards.gif
    dillards.gif
    83.8 KB · Views: 265

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread