What's new

pistol barrel

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on what this pistola would have looked like?1/2 bore Dia.For site era ref.I also found the Seated and the Bowie knife pommel(1850's)
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 843
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 856
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 836
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 857
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 850
Looks like a flashpan on the side so it must have been a flintlock? Tony
 
Upvote 0
Thats a percussion nipple,in the flash pan Tony.I dont know if it was a conversion??
 
Upvote 0
Can't help on the pistol Kuger but wanted to say hey. glad to see your still digging some cool stuff.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Can't help on the pistol Kuger but wanted to say hey. glad to see your still digging some cool stuff.
Vay!!!How ya doing my friend?You just made my day to see ya back,stick around!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
mabey this ?
 

Attachments

  • 1851 colt navy.webp
    1851 colt navy.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 959
Upvote 0
something similar,
.44 caliber, 7 1/2-inch octagonal barrel with bead-type front sight

Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC01584.webp
    DSC01584.webp
    10 KB · Views: 676
Upvote 0
nova is close --it looks to be a 50 cal or so hawken type purcussion cap type pistol *
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
nova is close --it looks to be a 50 cal or so hawken type purcussion cap type pistol *

Thanks, I added the barrel size to the pistol I shown.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys,I think you are on the right track as well Nova! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
1/2 inch is .50 caliber size
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

Great looking finds Kuger :icon_thumleft: glad you are still getting out, the Silver looks good lying in the ground...nice shot :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Great looking finds Kuger :icon_thumleft: glad you are still getting out, the Silver looks good lying in the ground...nice shot :icon_thumleft:

SS

Thanks my friend....I get out,I just dont post :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom