Pizm V advice

randico

Mar 7, 2013
Huntsville, Ar
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive looked through several months of threads and find no mention of the Prizm V, which I have. Any advice on settings? When I use multi-tone even the high tones turn out to be pull tabs. And how should sensitivity be set for general coin hunting? Havent figured out the sensitivity yet
Thanks & HH

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually you'll want to run the sensitivity as high as possible while maintaining smooth operation. If the sens is set too high, the detector will be chattery or noisy with many false signals. Most of the time you should be able to run at max sens or close to it. Turn the sens to max and start swinging. If the detector is noisy, back the sens down until it smooths out. With the tone ID turned on, you should be able to hear the differences between a nickel, pulltab, dime, quarter etc. Lay one of each on the ground and practice swinging over them while listening for the different tones. Dimes and quarters will be a higher tone or pitch than the pulltab.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Here are a bunch of hits: Search Results: Prizm V

A few results: Whites prizm V (Mar 01, 2013, 02:44 AM) and White's Prizm V (May 27, 2007, 06:00 PM).

Hope this helps...

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you try the White's forum? There's a whole subgroup for Prizm/ Coinmaster.

coinmaster

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I know a few people who owned one and i can help you. I can be reached on facebook. My page is Coinmaster & Coinmaster pro. There are alot of people on there that could help you. I have a coinmaster but just got the new coinmaster GT. and the GT is the same as the prizm 6T was. Hope to hear from you. Shawn.

OP
OP
randico

randico

Mar 7, 2013
Huntsville, Ar
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Shawn. I've been to your FB site and will definitely use it for questions. And thanks everyone else for the posts. I will look in to each one. Had my Whites for about 5 years but only has about 10 or 12 hours use. Just now really getting time to get out and use it so I'm still learning the feel of it.
This site has been great as far as people willing to help. I love it. Hope I can help people as well some day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread