What's new

places i would love to detect but cant

metal mania

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
576
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eamples please such as

white house lawn
queens back garden
moon

you get the idea
 
I'd give it a try if i were you.
 
Several ghost towns that lie within National Parks here in NJ. These are not small parks by any means, most are several square miles. I just think of the history that the buried there and will be lost forever. :crybaby2:
 
allen said:
All the houses on Main Street in my town of Shelbyville,KY.
I have been told no by every owner and/or tenant !

Must be your charming personality.
 
bazinga said:
allen said:
All the houses on Main Street in my town of Shelbyville,KY.
I have been told no by every owner and/or tenant !

Must be your charming personality.
No, most of the houses on our Main Street or listed in Shelbyvilles historical society.
Other than these houses, I have only been turned down a few times out hundreds of times ive asked
other landowners or tenants.
 
National Parks in general. Seems like many of the worthy treasure "legends" lie within their boundaries :icon_scratch:, not to mention the CW battlefields.
 
bazinga said:
allen said:
All the houses on Main Street in my town of Shelbyville,KY.
I have been told no by every owner and/or tenant !

Must be your charming personality.
Always ready to take a shot huh? icon_flamethrow.gif
 

Attachments

  • icon_flamethrow.gif
    icon_flamethrow.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 259
The Federal Reserve comes to mind!! :icon_thumleft: ;D
 
allen said:
bazinga said:
allen said:
All the houses on Main Street in my town of Shelbyville,KY.
I have been told no by every owner and/or tenant !

Must be your charming personality.
No, most of the houses on our Main Street or listed in Shelbyvilles historical society.
Other than these houses, I have only been turned down a few times out hundreds of times ive asked
other landowners or tenants.

how are u approaching them? I have hunted several places in my area that are the historic registry, I am very neat about my target retrieval and leave zero mess. One house I was told I could go back as much as I wanted and went back till I got no more signals, between my partner and I we pulled 25 silver, 15 indians and almost 100 wheats from that yard alone. I hunted my towns library which was the first county library in united states, again on the historic registry, they have the nicest lawn in my town. I have youtube videos from a couple hunts there. Just because a place is on the historic registry does not make it off limits. Just curious how your asking and why your getting turned down?
 
Goes4ever said:
allen said:
bazinga said:
allen said:
All the houses on Main Street in my town of Shelbyville,KY.
I have been told no by every owner and/or tenant !

Must be your charming personality.
No you fool, most of the houses on our Main Street or listed in Shelbyvilles historical society.
Other than these houses, I have only been turned down a few times out hundreds of times ive asked
other landowners or tenants.

how are u approaching them? I have hunted several places in my area that are the historic registry, I am very neat about my target retrieval and leave zero mess. One house I was told I could go back as much as I wanted and went back till I got no more signals, between my partner and I we pulled 25 silver, 15 indians and almost 100 wheats from that yard alone. I hunted my towns library which was the first county library in united states, again on the historic registry, they have the nicest lawn in my town. I have youtube videos from a couple hunts there. Just because a place is on the historic registry does not make it off limits. Just curious how your asking and why your getting turned down?

When the ladies hear that your name is goes4ever, they just get excited. I can't imagine why... :icon_scratch:
 
lol.....good one
 
Williamsburg, Virginia. :icon_pirat:
 
Goes4ever said:
allen said:
bazinga said:
allen said:
All the houses on Main Street in my town of Shelbyville,KY.
I have been told no by every owner and/or tenant !

Must be your charming personality.
No, most of the houses on our Main Street or listed in Shelbyvilles historical society.
Other than these houses, I have only been turned down a few times out hundreds of times ive asked
other landowners or tenants.

how are u approaching them? I have hunted several places in my area that are the historic registry, I am very neat about my target retrieval and leave zero mess. One house I was told I could go back as much as I wanted and went back till I got no more signals, between my partner and I we pulled 25 silver, 15 indians and almost 100 wheats from that yard alone. I hunted my towns library which was the first county library in united states, again on the historic registry, they have the nicest lawn in my town. I have youtube videos from a couple hunts there. Just because a place is on the historic registry does not make it off limits. Just curious how your asking and why your getting turned down?
Whomever answers the door I ask if they are the owner/tenant and tell them about our hobby of relic hunting/coinshooting and ask if I can detect their property and promise them the yard will look the same as it was before I was there.
Like I said ive had no luck at all with these yards and property owners.
Believe it or not in our historic section of town even if you own the property you must get permission from the Shelbyville Historical society before you can put new windows in, before painting or most of anything else.
I think that is why ive been turned down down on Main street ! :dontknow:
 
wow that is sad they have rules for property you paid for and own, pretty pathetic actually
 
I would like to hit Gettysburg, Shilo, Vicksburg and the Alamo...d2
 
And with me no matter where I am and whatever answer
I get, I always say thank you and have a great day to the
person who I am talking to.
But I finally did get one person on Main street to say yes
while I was offline earlier.
I saw for sale sign in a yard and a gentleman mowing the
yardand he said he was the realtors brother and he called
his brother and the realtor knew my father in law and he
said I could detect it once and it had to be tomorrow after
he showed the property.
I know where im going after work !!!!
 
allen said:
And with me no matter where I am and whatever answer
I get, I always say thank you and have a great day to the
person who I am talking to.
But I finally did get one person on Main street to say yes
while I was offline earlier.
I saw for sale sign in a yard and a gentleman mowing the
yardand he said he was the realtors brother and he called
his brother and the realtor knew my father in law and he
said I could detect it once and it had to be tomorrow after
he showed the property.
I know where im going after work !!!!
sure hope you got more rain than we got here. The ground is dry here, if you cut a plug it will turn yellow for sure
 
we got a nice downpour, but after work I was too sick to detect.
Goes4ever said:
wow that is sad they have rules for property you paid for and own, pretty pathetic actually
Yes I know its sad, stupid, pathetic and i'llnever buy a house on Main Street.
There are numerous neighborhoods around Shelbyville/Shelby County where the "Neighborhood Association" can tell the owners of the houses in the neighborhood, when to cut their grass, how low to cut it, where you can park your vehicles, what type of fence you can have up ands numerous other stupid a$$ed rules.
I will never buy a home in one of those 'hoods either ! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom