Planning : New Drag Coil

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking on building a new drag coil . Either 1.8 M or 2.4 x 2.4 Meter size ..Having problems with trash , magnetite , hot rocks . I don't want to detect small targets good or bad ones . Looking for targets bigger then 25 mm in diameter . the 2.4 size is hard for me to transport were am at . What size would members recommend ? If bigger just say it . Any ideas are welcomed . Remember depth doesn't matter .

Upvote 0

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be able to find an episode of meteorite men, one of them make a huge drag coil

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I just watched the first episode thanks again they need a big rug with lots of super magnets attached . Drag magnet

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious to see if you get a good answer. I have wanted to make my own large coil rig for some time and was surprised that I couldnt find a kit or a circuit diagram to build my own. Do you have a control box and want to make the coil or are you looking for a complete unit?

Chub

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
My family has a 1M x 1M coil sled they listen to some florida fisher model guy here they should of listen to Greenboy or Carl what i hear they know all the answers . Am just going to have my worker make the coil he says he can if i find out the size i want i'll post more info once he builds it . He told me so far depending on the size 16 AWG - 14 AWG wire 0.6 ohms 300 henry the unit some cheap model . My worker told me 1500 piso to 2000 piso for the parts . After watching this meteorite men am having second thoughts , i think for meteorites a drag magnet is better so if i can afford both i want both . I never thought they be on the surface and be worth 1000 piso a gram am looking for the wrong metal . My problem were am at is iron every where so is nickel and 1/5 of the rocks are magnetic .

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
This price for meteorites is 1/3 the price of Gold and more then silver ? Where am at a place called Bicol is famous for meteorites my US family tells me that meteorites are more common here where am at . I have a few new questions the place am at is only 25,000,000 years old and the US is 40x that old . Here the terrain much more steeper then any where there plus it rains 2-5x as much . How are these meteorites on or close to the surface ? One only finds the debri from the explosion or impact that y its on the surface ? Or these meteorites are all less then a few thousand years old ? In august there was a shower of 60 a hour but none reached the ground . How does one know if there in a good area in know watch Meteorite men i better off asking Jeff Williams and slim joke

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector are you using? I assume you are using a pulse induction. I don't think vlf would be easy to build or use. Are you planning on building the coil wiring or just adding some fabric to an existing coil?

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest coil is 2m x 2m but it is very cumbersome and not realy usefoul on my home terrain. I am using it mainly for "exhibition" purposes, to show my rig is really able to find large tarbget on 8m in a test hill. For ignoring small items (a must) i am using DBP2010 with 1m x 1.2m set up to ignore anythig smaller than a beer can. This shortens the depth from normal 4m max to 2m only. another PI is Miner4, which uses mathematical alghorithms to exclude small items, i am using 70cm round coil, dough it works with 50cm coil too. The depth is unaffected, the 70cm setup will give some 2.5 to 3m max depth.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Signal line . yes P.I. and new coil they tried vlf once with no luck it didn't discriminate right . the unit a chinese clone

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Greenboy thanks so much for this info ....what u describe is perfect for relic beach hunting i guess the unit my family used which is the wrong one for this . Relic or gold fist size or bigger no trash targets but meteorites are coin size up and what i see up to 0.3 M depth like coins . So maybe there sled 1 M x 1 M is good for meteorites . I need one of the 2 units u mention with a new 1.8 M round coil . My worker was going to use a pulse dive unit which cost very little and seems to work ok on relics that he tested depth wise all i need is 0.75 meters on the wet beach . It reached 0.35 meters on a 350 kilo deactivated uxb with a 140mm coil . Thanks again Greenboy

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
After a long talk with my technician about what Greenboy said he told me 1.45 M diameter should be right for relics and large meteorites . for small meteorites he told me with 1mm wire he could build a 0.6 M diameter coil . Hope to start work soon on building both of these coils will post the test results

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread