What's new

Plant Fossils In The Neighborhood Of Reno, Nevada

Inyo

Full Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2014
Messages
166
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too long ago, I uploaded a new page called Plant Fossils In The Neighborhood Of Reno, Nevada ( https://inyo6.coffeecup.com/reno/renofossils.html ). It's all about visits to two paleobotanically fascinating places in Nevada, in the vicinity of The Biggest Little City In The World, western edge of the Great Basin Desert. The sites yield middle Miocene leaves, seeds, needles, foliage and cones from many species of ancient plants some 15.6 to 13.3 million years old, including giant sequoia, fir, spruce, maple, and birch. Includes a detailed text with photos of fossils and on-site images.
 
Very interesting topic and link to your field trips Inyo. As I get older I find myself wishing I’d pursued the earth sciences like biology and geology. Often life circumstances dictate our direction of travel.

Thanks Inyo,
Mike
 
Not too long ago, I uploaded a new page called Plant Fossils In The Neighborhood Of Reno, Nevada ( https://inyo6.coffeecup.com/reno/renofossils.html ). It's all about visits to two paleobotanically fascinating places in Nevada, in the vicinity of The Biggest Little City In The World, western edge of the Great Basin Desert. The sites yield middle Miocene leaves, seeds, needles, foliage and cones from many species of ancient plants some 15.6 to 13.3 million years old, including giant sequoia, fir, spruce, maple, and birch. Includes a detailed text with photos of fossils and on-site images.
What was the location? I didn’t see it in the article. I’ve been out looking and can’t seem to find much…
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom