Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been putting this off for a while now, but once I start something I won't stop until it's done.
I like to make shadowboxes for the property owners that let me MD on their property. A token of my appreciation.
Here is the one I just made tonight for the owners of the 1779 plantation house I started hunting at earlier this year. Some of these finds may look familiar from my previous posts.
Of course I kept some nice finds for myself too. :wink:

Mirage (Bob),
If you want to send me that reale you found on this property, I will gladly put it in here too. :tongue3: ;D :wink:

Thanks for looking Folks,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-158S.JPG
    MVC-158S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,485
  • MVC-159S.JPG
    MVC-159S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,477
  • MVC-160S.JPG
    MVC-160S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,475
  • MVC-161S.JPG
    MVC-161S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,469
  • MVC-162S.JPG
    MVC-162S.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,464
  • MVC-163S.JPG
    MVC-163S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • MVC-164S.JPG
    MVC-164S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,452
  • MVC-165S.JPG
    MVC-165S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,446
  • MVC-166S.JPG
    MVC-166S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,449
Upvote 0
Real nice display. I don't know if I could part with some of those relics though! I bet these people will display that! AWSOME :thumbsup:

Now that is a cool shadowbox. Awesome stuff. I bet the homeowner real appreciated that. :) :) jgas

thats awesome !!!!!! they'll love it...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

where do you get the boxes , or cases ? ;D

Green1 said:
thats awesome !!!!!! they'll love it...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

where do you get the boxes , or cases ? ;D

Thanks Green.
I usually buy them at A.C. Moore or Michael's, for about $14.00.
They work great.
-MM-

Doug, the display case looks great.

I like how you treat the gracious landowners that give you the necessary permission to hunt their land. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be able to find the artifacts that we all seek out. That is a class act by a class detectorist! :thumbsup:

Kyle

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Doug, the display case looks great.

I like how you treat the gracious landowners that give you the necessary permission to hunt their land. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be able to find the artifacts that we all seek out. That is a class act by a class detectorist! :thumbsup:
Kyle

Thanks Buddy.
And besides, I still haven't found my reale, LC's, and 1800's silver in the woods yet. ;D Waiting now until cold weather & then I'll be in those woods hard! I know there are some old coins out there for me. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

That is a fine looking display MM :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Good job and a commendable token of your appreciation.

It's beautiful!!! Love it!!!! You did a commendable job putting this together :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:, a token of appreciation to the owner...I know they will display it with pride.

:wink: RR

Beautiful display MM :o and awesome finds i must say !

AWESOME Doug....you put the nicest display's together,totally cleaned up,labeled and hardly without any word's you tell a story in itself of the property.You should feel proud and I'm sure the homeowner's can see that as well.You're a great asset to this hobby my friend.Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Wow, Doug, that shadowbox looks awesome!

That's a very thoughtful and generous thing you've done. I don't know if I'd part with all that stuff...But I guess if I was killing it like you, I wouldn't mind! :wink: It must be nice to have such goodies to spare... :thumbsup:

Talk to you soon my friend. Check for my post. I found a reale this weekend!

Cheers and HH,
B

ModernMiner said:
I've been putting this off for a while now, but once I start something I won't stop until it's done.
I like to make shadowboxes for the property owners that let me MD on their property. A token of my appreciation.
Here is the one I just made tonight for the owners of the 1779 plantation house I started hunting at earlier this year. Some of these finds may look familiar from my previous posts.
Of course I kept some nice finds for myself too. :wink:

Mirage (Bob),
If you want to send me that reale you found on this property, I will gladly put it in here too. :tongue3: ;D :wink:

Thanks for looking Folks,
MM

Doug, this a a super nice act of graciousness for letting us metal detect. When you do something like this, you are not only making yourself look respectable, gracious, and good.....you are making ALL THE REST of us look RESPECTABLE, GRACIOUS, AND GOOD! Nice job bud, the case came out well and there are some relics in there that the owners can be happy to display :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wink:

Very nice shadow box, Doug! What a neat display for the homeowners. Thanks for giving us MDers a good name. :icon_king:

Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back