What's new

Planters hotel tag?

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

  • Picture 391.webp
    Picture 391.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Picture 392.webp
    Picture 392.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 245
Iron Patch said:
Makes sense to me.

Thanks Iron Patch. Just not sure the Greensboro, NC hotel was all that big. Could be Planters hotel from somewhere else :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I took a quick look at Google images for "Planters Hotel". Chicago and St. Louis were the only two with 5 or more floors in the early 20th C.

Just an observation... :dontknow:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Iron Patch said:
Makes sense to me.

Thanks Iron Patch. Just not sure the Greensboro, NC hotel was all that big. Could be Planters hotel from somewhere else :dontknow:



I actually searched for hotel tag having completely forgot you mentioned in in your subject line. The one I came across was in SC, and the hotel, or chain of hotels, dated to 1844.
 
Upvote 0
Based other finds at site I think it's the Chicago Planters (1893-1934). Thanks all your help :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom