Pleasant Surprise

chasu

Jul 9, 2007
South Georgia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT pro and XP Deus
I have been working a park that has obviously been hit hard. I still get a good signal every once in awhile. Yesterday I got a solid 77 on my AT pro. For me 75-77 is usually a zincoln. However, this signal was different as it sounded like silver without the warble of a zincoln. Out from less than an inch in the ground popped this beauty. Unfortunately it got hit by a lawnmower in the past but not too badly. My first silver of the year is a seated dime!
image.jpeg

Upvote 31
Awesome coin. Thanks for sharing

Man o man....a seated, in GREAT shape! I've yet to drop one of those in my pouch...yet...so thanks for letting me drool on yours...ddf

Nice silver recovery!

Very sweet coin !! I'm still waiting on mine .. The lawn mower just gave it character !! Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the silver. Kudos for not paying attention to the vdi. So many skip over penny signals hoping for better. I will dig the pennies and sometimes be surprised by the best find of the day.

Wow congratulations! That's a beauty!!! As you can see from my signature I'm dying to find one, my closest is an 1892 Barber. Way to go!

Very nice find. I have yet to find a seated coin, but I have looked!

Well played sir.

Thanks all. I have been digging the iffy signals in this park and it pays off but requires patience. It has certainly taught me the difference in the sounds of a zinc penny, bottle top and now seated dime. All of which come in around 75-77. This was only my second seated dime. I have found 2 seated half dimes and a seated half dollar also. So a seated is very rare for me. Heck a silver is pretty rare for me. Thanks again and happy hunting. Charlie

Love seeing seated in the dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back