B bpolitzer Tenderfoot Joined Dec 16, 2019 Messages 3 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 16, 2019 #1 I bought this at a garage sale, and don't know where it was collected. It weighs 12.7 pounds and is fairly soft (scatches with a metal object).
I bought this at a garage sale, and don't know where it was collected. It weighs 12.7 pounds and is fairly soft (scatches with a metal object).
C CaptEsteban Bronze Member Joined Jul 26, 2011 Messages 1,277 Reaction score 1,217 Golden Thread 0 Dec 17, 2019 #2 Rutilated Quartz Upvote 0
H How Lucky Full Member Joined Jul 14, 2015 Messages 244 Reaction score 907 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 17, 2019 #3 I'd say its a veined soapstone. Too soft for quartz. Upvote 0
G galenrog Bronze Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Feb 19, 2006 Messages 2,188 Reaction score 2,428 Golden Thread 0 Dec 17, 2019 #4 Visually, it has some characteristics of both serpentine and soapstone. It does not, however, have any visual characteristics of rutilated quartz. Time for more coffee. Upvote 0
Visually, it has some characteristics of both serpentine and soapstone. It does not, however, have any visual characteristics of rutilated quartz. Time for more coffee.
S se3388 Tenderfoot Joined Dec 5, 2019 Messages 8 Reaction score 21 Golden Thread 0 Location SEMO Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 17, 2019 #5 I'll go along with Lucky on this one. Steve........ Upvote 0
C CaptEsteban Bronze Member Joined Jul 26, 2011 Messages 1,277 Reaction score 1,217 Golden Thread 0 Dec 20, 2019 #6 I stand corrected, thanks. Upvote 0