What's new

Please help me ID

Arrow1492

Full Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
Need your help to ID this one. Based on the pics, is this more of a jacks reel or Kirk? What makes you think that? Any help is appreciated. From Illinois.....
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 998C51E6-008C-48FF-988F-A1946E1A1205.webp
    998C51E6-008C-48FF-988F-A1946E1A1205.webp
    296.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20E23E44-0641-4C5B-BFF4-69C4BAB2E482.webp
    20E23E44-0641-4C5B-BFF4-69C4BAB2E482.webp
    242 KB · Views: 81
  • 80C7C3F9-7293-4EDC-B4C3-BBDFD2DD3AC0.webp
    80C7C3F9-7293-4EDC-B4C3-BBDFD2DD3AC0.webp
    358.6 KB · Views: 78
  • AC065F03-C056-4110-8483-E07B45798FD9.webp
    AC065F03-C056-4110-8483-E07B45798FD9.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
the way the shoulders slope down I would lean more towards Kirk , a-shame it’s broke
 
Between the two, I would suggest a Kirk variant over Jacks Reef. Most the Jacks Reefs around here are pretty thin and flat, and your point looks like it might be ground heavier on the base than what I would expect to see in the Reefs.
I like broken points, they are generally just as old as the intact ones, made of the same cool materials, often leave clues to how they were used, and besides, if it weren't for broken points, I would find much. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom