What's new

Please help to identify

Dess

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks,

Could you please help to identify the item I found. (UK, Scotland)

Thank you in advance
 

Attachments

  • index4.webp
    index4.webp
    91.4 KB · Views: 95
  • index3.webp
    index3.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 94
  • index.webp
    index.webp
    534.1 KB · Views: 86
  • index1.webp
    index1.webp
    491.2 KB · Views: 76
I can't tell how big it is or what it is made of, but it looks like the top of a pewter spoon or fork handle.
Sorry I can't help on the patent mark.
 
Upvote 0
Agree. It looks like a pewter spoon handle.

Hard to read the stamp on it. Maybe D + R with the Maltese cross in between? I believe the word "PATENT" makes it a relatively modern piece - mid-20th C?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks all for ideas. item 7 cm long and heavy. Maybe plumbum..... I still struggling to identify the symbols
 
Upvote 0
Interesting find. Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome from Indiana Sorry I can't help with this one.
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it's a spoon handle. Also pretty sure it is pewter.

The letters on the hallmark look like Old English.

old english.webp

The letter to the right seems to be an 'R'.

I looked for a matching hallmark but didn't see anything close.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom