What's new

Please ID this military button

lonelyduckhunter

Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
353
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this near a revolutionary war site yesterday. Any idea's on age the back is gone can't get the makers mark off of it. Same size as a quarter. Thanks in advance.

x52m9e.jpg


o7udjq.jpg


mcvevd.jpg
 
I would say some kind of general staff, navy, artillery button. But I honestly have no clue
 
Upvote 0
Its an old button but its definitely NOT military. Its an iron backed civilian blazer button made with a Navy motiff.. I found one in my backyard under the clothesline. House built in 1950's.. I can post numerous examples. These are very common, still made today and show up very often on eBay. Yours may be late 1800's-early 1900's.
 

Attachments

  • button ring found.webp
    button ring found.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 134
  • buttons mixed2.webp
    buttons mixed2.webp
    64 KB · Views: 148
  • button ring found.webp
    button ring found.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 132
  • buttons mixed2.webp
    buttons mixed2.webp
    64 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
756
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
579

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom