nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been thinking alot lately about Our Young People that drive fast.I have 5 kids that are now Teenagers and I Pray that they think very hard about the dangers of Driving to fast. I wrote about a Wreck that I had and wanted them to read it and thought i would share it here,hoping that it might make you think more and Slow you down, It may save you from having a near Death experience or worse.

I used to be a Speed Demon and never knew much more than metal to metal. I than had my wreck in a road race at speeds pegging my 160 mph odometer. I found myself with a upcoming curve in a long straight stretch and lost control.I spun vigorously out of control and hitting a small ditch to send me airbourne backwards through a main transformer pole 9 ft in the air.I finally came to a stop over 100 ft out in a field. Everyone was called to the scene,including the coroner.No one could get to me at the time because my car was in a force field of electrical lines and with the sight of all that happened and with no movement in the car, they had planned for the worse. I was knocked unconscious and awoke only with a whip lash for pain, as i slowly moved to make sense of what had just happened,I looked through the smoke that was all around and seen a road full of officials lights and people everywhere. Someone seen me moving around and they started screaming for me not to get out the car.I sat there waiting,wondering if my car was going to catch fire,but at the same time i realized that if i pulled myself out, that it could be certain death from the electrical lines.
They finally was able to come out and get me and when they carried me to the road,i noticed alot of friends and people i didn't even know crying and saying that this was a miracle that i made it through.
I had no injuries except the whip lash and a few bruises and small glass cuts. I really never grasps the whole incident until I was taken to see my car and than going to the field and picking up the rest of it.
it has been over 20 yrs now since that wreck and I Thank God every Day for leaving me here to raise and protect my Children. I always try to help anyone that I can and hope that God is Happy with me with my efforts of giving back the Love that he showed me that day that I will never forget.

I Pray that people who Think that Speed is the way to keep you from being late,understands that it's really just a chance of even being there.

Stay Safe,
Nova Treasure

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What an amazing story! Praise God you lived through it to share with others! I spent many years working on an ambulance and it made quite an impression on me and my driving habits. I pray others can learn from your experience rather than having to see what I have seen or live through what you did. Thanks for sharing your story!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Heck of a story, Nova. I have one of my own to share, if no one minds....

I was 16 and owned a 1975 BMW 2002. Not a 2002 BMW, but a BMW 2002. Do a quick search, they're the neatest little cars. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I had just gotten the car painted and had refinished the interior, new stereo system and tinted windows, the works. I was traveling from Dimmitt to Olton, two tiny towns in the Texas Panhandle. I made the trip often and it seemed that, no matter what I was driving, the trip always took exactly 30 minutes, some weird time-warp thing or something. Anyway, on this day I decided I was going to make it to Olton in less than half an hour.

It had been an uneventful trip so far, and I was making great time, only 20 minutes into the trip and I was just three miles outside of Olton. I was jamming along about 120 and came upon a rendering truck stalled in the road, stuck about halfway into my lane. I made a quick correction and jogged to the left a bit, and started into a big blind curve. When I saw the little red car coming at me in the opposite lane, I jogged back into my lane, but when I did the rear of the car began to fishtail out from beneath me. Before I knew it, I was still doing 120, but was now pointed directly at a bar ditch at the apex of this blind curve, headed directly towards the back wall of an abandoned drive-in theater.

I hit the ditch still with the gas pedal jammed to the floor, and when I hit it the front windshield flew from the car. The car popped up on it's back wheels, drove into the ditch and popped out, spinning the car end-over-end, and then the roof of the car met the ground. I proceded to slide across the ground, still probably at 80 mph or so, and slid 50 feet, where the car embedded itself into the cinder-block wall below the drive-in's screen.

I walked away without a scratch. The car, however, had two broken axles, every window on the car was missing, the roof was about 8inches shorter than it started that day, and the radio was still playing. :thumbsup:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sniffer said:
and I'll bet you were asking yourself, (can I get off this ride?)

LOL!! Actually, the only through that crossed my mind as that drive-in screen loomed ahead of me was, "Dad is going to be pi$$ed...."

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yikes!
While I've driven fast before, wrecking anything at over a nudred miles an hour is whoa scary! You guys are lucky!

I'm betting Cyn has seen a few of these before also:
Our oldest girl wasted her car w/o knowing it, twice due to diabetes. Once, up on the side in a steep ditch, she woke up in the hospital and never remembered even leaving work.

The second time she hit a pole, ran up the ground cable anf flipped into the yard and porch of a house. Same as before, never remembering even getting into her car.

After that we gave her the talk. If you're not monitoring your condition you are risking your life and worse, the lives of others. And we did tell her at least drunks knew they were getting drunk, stoners stoned, etc. and she does not necessarily know when she's going bad but the results will be the same. She also lost her license for three years after the second accident and thankfully no one else was hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread