What's new

Please tell all your friends not to check the reject tray

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
If people checked the reject tray, there wouldn't be finds like this.....LOL 43 coins in the reject tray for $2.31. One was a 1962 d silver quarter.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_08.webp
    ScreenHunter_08.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0
Congrats on the quarter you lucky $hit. Last bunch it had was about $9.50 with 2 silver Rosies. HH Mark
 
Better than the MD! :thumbsup:
 
Last week I checked the reject tray on the coinstar machine at my grocery store.

I saw a bunch of change in the tray, and some pennies sitting on top.

So I snagged them all, only to discover someone had spilled soda pop on them, and they were all really sticky.

So I took them home, washed them off, and had 48 cents more than I had before.

:D
 
those aren't rejects, just found clad LOL
 
I've gotten up to $5 in rejects in one swoop, but have yet to find any silver in them!

You lucky bum you!

~Dave
 
I have also found 2 silver dimes and one other quarter.
 
speaking of the reject tray.....if every teller did what a few others i've seen do don't bother checkin....when they replaced the halfs bag they just shoved the new one in and it blocked the shoot to the rejects tray....was wonderin why she had all this loose change fall out when she replaced the bag...also seen when they are cleaning the machine they vacuum up change thats on the floor....also seen them take the change they find on the floor and in the shoot and stuck on the wheel...heard one manager say....put it in the bag ...the bank paid for it....on the other hand i had a few who handed over anything they found in the machine or drop it to be counted with your totals.....
 
The 2 machines I use that block the bag.....they let me have what falls out. And the bank does not pay what goes to the reject tray....that is why it gets rejected. The machine doesn't think it is good so it doesn't let it go through.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom