What's new

Please tell me these are Civil War!

ShortbusElite

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
294
Reaction score
611
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some buttons I found today. I don't know what they are exactly but I know you guys will! So here they are...I'll post the rest of my keepers later. I'm just trying to get these things figured out.
 

Attachments

  • 1469844323406.webp
    1469844323406.webp
    22 KB · Views: 152
  • 1469844338934.webp
    1469844338934.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 1469844347078.webp
    1469844347078.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 1469844355174.webp
    1469844355174.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 1469844362614.webp
    1469844362614.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 14
I'm no expert and I'm not looking at my Alberts book, but those look like WW1 all the way.

Congrats
 
Still a good find, congratulations. i would say.
 
I'm no expert and I'm not looking at my Alberts book, but those look like WW1 all the way.

Congrats

WW1 or newer. The great seal is still used. Sorry no civil war stuff there.
 
Damn. I wonder why these three were found strewn about a hundred yard area?
 
Damn. I wonder why these three were found strewn about a hundred yard area?

We will never know the answers to questions like that. Just take them where you find them. They are clues, but you need much more to put the pieces together.
 
Your button is a 1902 Great Seal Button. They started use in 1902 and are still in use today. There are different backings and makers marks that can tell you if it was WW1 or WW11. Your collar disc is either WW1 or WW11. Not Civil War, but still great military finds. Congrats.
 
Thank you for the replies! Even though they weren't as old as I had hoped for, they still gave me quite a rush. I guess I will just have to get out there and keep searching.
 
Great finds! Congrats and HH
 
Thank you for the replies! Even though they weren't as old as I had hoped for, they still gave me quite a rush. I guess I will just have to get out there and keep searching.

SBE....just exactly what Cru said...you can't over-think the locations and/or sporadic finds, I've been hunting a large 20 acre complex that has coughed up a LC, SLQ and a Walker half...one in the middle of the field and the other two at complete opposite ends...just keep at it, grid it off and hunt from all directions, you'll be surprised at what you find where you've previously detected...looking forward to your future finds...ddf
 
Great finds!!!
 
GS Buttons are always 'Keepers'.. The Collar Disc is Nice to.

Never Give Up.
 
Excellent hunt,, buttons are always fun to dig and here on Tnet, you can get a quite an education.
Congrats
 
EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NEWER , NICE FINDS .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom