Please tell me what it is.

nikkizimmer

Feb 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unknowncup2.jpg unknowncup.jpg unknowncup3.jpg

Hi, all. My name is Nikki and I am new to this site; this is my first post. I recently came into two of these cups/mugs/containers. One has a blue T on it and the other has T.19. on it. Some think it's a moustache cup, others think shaving mug and others think maybe salt/sugar cellar. I can't find one similar to this anywhere and have no idea who the stamp is for. Someone thought maybe old Tettau but wasn't sure. I took a pic next to a normal teacup for size. They're identical except for the added 19. on the one. Thanks in advance for any info. :)

OP
OP
N

nikkizimmer

Feb 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much! I've all about given up on knowing what it is and who made it. lol

Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting - and a brief search hasn't shown anything similar, but I'm guessing the 'bridge' might form a chopstick rest.

Oh, and WELCOME TO TREASURENET
thumbsup.gif

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can tell from the lip that it is supposed to have a lid. with that, I tend to think it's purpose is a sugar or salt server. in case you want to spend time googling an ID, that pattern/process is called 'flow blue'. the blue would be painted on and it would 'flow' when the firing process began. Welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nikkizimmer

Feb 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the answers and your time; I truly appreciate it. And thank you for making me feel welcomed. :) My daughter thought maybe something with chopsticks also. I've spent 2 weeks trying to figure out exactly what it is to no avail. I did notice the lip and thought maybe it was supposed to have a lid but wasn't sure.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread