What's new

Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

Found today in my box's. Some nice silver Proofs and a Walking Liberty
Which is it 1921D or 1941D ..... !? "TOURTURE" Huge difference

I'll take it..... CRH Mojo
 

Attachments

  • 2001proof.gif
    2001proof.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 19x1wl.gif
    19x1wl.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 314
  • pcgs.gif
    pcgs.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 1921Dpcgs.gif
    1921Dpcgs.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 1941Dpcgs.gif
    1941Dpcgs.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

Ouch, that hurts. I MD'd a partially burnt 1916 dime. You figure out the rest of that mystery. A hint. The mint mark was gone which I was kind of happy about.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_04.webp
    ScreenHunter_04.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 297
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

Yes "TORTURE" 1916D G4 starting @ $1,200 ouch. LOL.

Maybe we can turn this into a "Torture Thread" LOL

That reminds me of another torture incident I had a couple of months back....... I'm sure I found silver dollars on a cold call..... The teller whom I asked for half or large dollars coins said she didn't have any. I asked if she could find out if any of the others had any. One teller says yea I got about 13 of the big dollar coins, she reaches under the counter for them and drops em on the counter. BING BANG RING A DINGALING....
There was no mistaking that sweet sound of (silver) music. I didn't see them but I heard them. I was already drooling. My teller goes over to collect them and says to her oh!..... when did you get those? And is now whispering in that tellers ear. After a Minuit of sorting (BING BANG RING A DINGALING) she comes back to me with only 8 regular Ike's, not 13 big dollars, her whole composure changed...very stern like she was hiding something. I gave her $8 and left.....
I know I missed out on 5 silver dollars that day I was pretty shaken up by that, but I was that close...."TORTURE"

CRH Mojo
 
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

coinmojo said:
Yes "TORTURE" 1916D G4 starting @ $1,200 ouch. LOL.

Maybe we can turn this into a "Torture Thread" LOL

That reminds me of another torture incident I had a couple of months back....... I'm sure I found silver dollars on a cold call..... The teller whom I asked for half or large dollars coins said she didn't have any. I asked if she could find out if any of the others had any. One teller says yea I got about 13 of the big dollar coins, she reaches under the counter for them and drops em on the counter. BING BANG RING A DINGALING....
There was no mistaking that sweet sound of (silver) music. I didn't see them but I heard them. I was already drooling. My teller goes over to collect them and says to her oh!..... when did you get those? And is now whispering in that tellers ear. After a Minuit of sorting (BING BANG RING A DINGALING) she comes back to me with only 8 regular Ike's, not 13 big dollars, her whole composure changed...very stern like she was hiding something. I gave her $8 and left.....
I know I missed out on 5 silver dollars that day I was pretty shaken up by that, but I was that close...."TORTURE"

CRH Mojo
Ouch again. Here is todays. I saw about 10 halves in the tellers tray today, about 4 or 5 were silver. After I asked for them the teller said I save them for my son. Wish she was my mommy..........LOL
 
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

Hey....I think I see a '2'.......... :wink:

What a bummer Mojo!!!! That bites!!!! I feel for you buddy. That kinda stuff drives me bananas............

That reminds me of the no date Walker I found a couple of weeks ago with an obverse 'S' mintmark.....arrrrg!
 
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

I think this might be solvable. My Dansco Walker album says, "Another change can be noticed when a pre-1937 coin is compared with a post-1937. On these coins the number of rays from the sun that actually touch the flag is changed to one ray." I'm not exactly sure what is meant by this because when I compares a post-1937 to a pre-1937 I see much more defined rays in the post-1937's vs. pre-1937's. Can anyone else confirm this? That being the case I'd say it is a 1941.

Brian
 
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

Hello.... Torture stories... well mine is torture with a bit of reward later on...
In the supermarket one day, and see the in store bank.... can't resist... ' so do you happen to have any half dollars today' ... Sorry no, but we have a bag of Ikes in the vault which is on a timer, come back in 10 minutes you can have them all, driving home with my bag of Ikes i see the #108 crossed off and the #102 written in, so i am thinking 6 silver large dollars that i did not get,,, gggggrrrrrhhhh. later on i find a 1972 type II reverse Ike, sell on ebay for over $100..... so a freebee bag of Ikes .......
 
Re: Pleasure and Pain "Tourture"

Ok I have been TORTURED by this for the last few months so I will share it here ... I went over to my folks house when I a couple of months or so ago and was looking through some of their collection ,they were CRHing for a few years in the early 60s ... So I was looking through some albums and some loose coins in a box and had several large cents sitting on the table .. to shorten this story up ...me dad says to me I have a 1793 large cent somewhere .... Somewhere is right I found 5 other ones but still have not been able to find the $$$$$ one....arg %&^%^&%%%**&*&****&
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom