What's new

plow point

BEVFD1113

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
raleigh nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im trying to find out more about the time period and what type this is. I think this is a plow point any info on it would be great. It says pat. june 27 82 april ? 89
 

Attachments

  • point.webp
    point.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 339
  • point.webp
    point.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 323
It looks more like a cast iron stove part than a plow part? I could be wrong? HH :dontknow:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
BEVFD1113 said:
Charlie P. (NY) said:

hey i cant get it to work it says the file is corupted
My security blocked it but try this. I dont see it pictured but Charlie knows more about plows than I. http://www.google.com/patents?id=Uy...e&q=JUNE 27th, 1882 harrow attachment&f=false
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What does it say top right?
 
Upvote 0
After the June pat date, it says April 1, '23 or 26, I think. Upper right looks like it says "HOT" and can't make out what is below. I am looking at blow up with the color reversed, might figure it out.

It might not say HOT, could be numbers, 707 or 797, still not sure what is below that. Maybe those two lines constitute a cast or mold number, or part number. I would almost say it says JOHN DEERE, but can't see it well enough to be certain.

The photo pixlates badly after 400x blow up. After another look at normal size, I don't go with JOHN DEERE.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom