Pmca 1801 button?

VAdigger1988

Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone ID and tell me more about it and possibly value? 20160507_155225.jpg 20160507_154504.jpg

Upvote 11

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Providence Marine Corps of Artillery
Early Civil War Gilt Brass Coat Button
Reverse: R&W Robinson. Extra Rich

Googled PMCA Cannon Button 1801.... they seem to have some good value!
Congrats :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
VAdigger1988

VAdigger1988

Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I was told excavated ones are actually worth more?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one VA. good shape man

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty !!! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I was told excavated ones are actually worth more?

That's a matter of opinion, & the provenance of 'where' it was found, ie. that battle & history is what is paid for. So if found in a farm field, its not worth more than one that hasn't been ground found.

OP
OP
VAdigger1988

VAdigger1988

Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look id rather you crusader to not post on my threads obviously where is more important but your two cents isnt needed for the bank and thats fact and opinion and once again where i hunt is obviously not just a farm field id have alot of words off this forum to extremely express towards your idiotic and ridiculously non experienced civil war knowledgeable self so out of respect stop clicking looking or commenting on my posts.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Look id rather you crusader to not post on my threads obviously where is more important but your two cents isnt needed for the bank and thats fact and opinion and once again where i hunt is obviously not just a farm field id have alot of words off this forum to extremely express towards your idiotic and ridiculously non experienced civil war knowledgeable self so out of respect stop clicking looking or commenting on my posts.

Paul Simon wrote in a song, "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregard the rest".

Yet, you should understand, that button is a very very nice find any old way it's sliced. Be proud of what you find and let it be just that. I would be proud to have a button like that in my collection, no matter the context.

Congrats

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you really have a chip on your shoulder. If you read again what I said is fact & nothing idiotic about it. If you found it on a known battle site, then of course its worth more money, if not then you know the answer. Not sure why you hate facts so much, but I will honor your word & try & not comment on your future posts. It will be hard to remember because I don't do idiotic things like ignoring people on here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was nothing in Crusaders reply to justify your response Vadigger.. Let's please keep it civil and remember once you hit "enter" post and thread belongs to TreasureNet.

OP
OP
VAdigger1988

VAdigger1988

Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say if I found something especially military coat buttons in a "farm field" woods a city or a town in va doesn't mean it's not battlefield the whole state of va is battlefield they constantly were all over the state and to justify myself on my finds or where it even was excavated but I think if you really knew facts the price guide even states the excavated meaning dug out of the ground is worth more than a non dug button doesn't matter where it was dug from and to say these finds are not pre civil war or civil war items is ludicrous I try not to put anything but those items I understand treasure is treasure.

Last edited:

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button...but way too much drama.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm going to take a guess and say that you are pretty young - maybe 20 or under?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to say if I found something especially military coat buttons in a "farm field" woods a city or a town in va doesn't mean it's not battlefield the whole state of va is battlefield they constantly were all over the state and to justify myself on my finds or where it even was excavated but I think if you really knew facts the price guide even states the excavated meaning dug out of the ground is worth more than a non dug button doesn't matter where it was dug from and to say these finds are not pre civil war or civil war items is ludicrous I try not to put anything but those items I understand treasure is treasure.

Yawn

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I would love one of those buttons to show up anywhere. Thanks for posting it! And, if I may offer a suggestion...

The people on here, like Crusader, Scrappy, and numerous others offer their opinions regularly to help ID or price items. Again...its just their "opinions". It's very rude to..not only show a lack of appreciation for their time spent attempting to help you, but go on a rant telling them off publicly because you didn't like their answer. Show some respect.

OP
OP
VAdigger1988

VAdigger1988

Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
VAdigger1988

VAdigger1988

Jan 12, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why you would try and guess my age doesn't that make you a little immature? And I'm 27 married with children. Ha anyways...I think it's rude to tell my items that I usually post isn't civil war when clearly all signs and "facts" point to that and when I said earlier that the excavated ones were worth more because I already looked in the button price guide and that's clearly what is there written so the ones that I ranted on publicly was my honest opinion and everyone is being hypocritical and contradictive but sure post them opinions and I'll post mine I'm not trying to bash anyone unless I'm the one getting bashed on first I am a very knowledgeable and experienced relic hunter...good day and hh

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread