πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POCKET FULL of GOLD at the Beach

Hello All,

As some of you know, I bought a PI detector four years ago specifically for my wife and my beach vacations each year. Have dug lots of junk rings and a couple silver ones since then, but nothing gold. Well I set out yet again to try and find my first ever water-recovered gold ring (had dug many on land over the last 25 years, but none in the water). Went out three evenings to dig.

On the first evening I got into a place where all the sunglasses had washed to from the wave action. Dug a total of 8 pairs of glasses. About an hour in, I hit a silver ladies band, followed by a junk kids ring, then two hours in I hit a Harley Davidson ring :D Finally I dug a big fat class ring (which I will return to the owner this week). Was lost by a junior--class of 2018--so I'm sure they just bought the ring and were very sad to lose it.

On day 2 I went out again and hit the usual pile of clad. Got in a nice spot in the elbow of the beach and saw a glimmer in the bottom of the scoop! It was a gold mens band--my first ever water-recovered gold!! Ring is not marked but is very yellow (more yellow than 14K) so I think it may have been made overseas. Will gold test later on to see... After that I dug a second Harley Davidson ring, a small silver ring with a stone, and a silver toe ring. Circling back to the "sunglasses spot," I dug a large stainless steel serving spoon and a nice sterling silver cross. Searched for the chain to the cross for a while but had no luck...

On day 3 I cooked steak for the wife and got out rather late to the beach. Strapping on the headlamp I worked for about 2 hours with only 10 or so coins to show for it, plus half of a pair of sunglasses. Then I got a huge signal. Digging carefully and thinking "cell phone," I was completely surprised to see a watch in the scoop--and it was still running, keeping perfect time! Continuing on, it was another long dry spell, then I got a nice hit and said "sparkle for me" as I raised the scoop up. Was shocked to see a mens gold band! While I was recovering the ring, I'd set my coil down to one side and had gotten another hit literally a foot away from the ring, so I dug it next. Almost passed out when it was a SECOND gold men's band of a different size from the first!! Wondering if I'd hit a pocket of gold, I took two more swings and got a THIRD hit. At this point, a kid came up to me and asked what I was finding. I reached into my pouch and gave him one of the coins I'd dug and he went running off to show his parents. I pulled the scoop up and kept saying "come on, come on." In the second scoop of sand I saw a glimmer of gold and gems! It was a ladies ring with four small diamonds and an amethyst(?) marked 14K!! I beat that area to death, digging 3 lead fishing sinkers. Then turned up the beach to follow a cut I'd seen earlier. Dead in the bottom of the cut, I got a signal and dug a scoop out of the waist deep water. Lo and behold it was Gold Ring #4 for the night! A ladies ring with strange designs marked 10K.

After that find, I cut my detector off, checked my pouch in disbelief and felt FOUR gold rings in there. I headed back home, poured a glass of whiskey, and looked at my finds! Can't wait until next year's beach vacation.

Cheers,

Buck

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1129.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 78

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best beach find was two silver rings. Congrats on all the gold.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the mitt full of bling Buck, nothing like seeing gold in the sand. It'll give you something to dream about till the return beach hunt.
BTW liking the piece of wood in the third photo-little like spalted maple?

Exactly--spated maple!

Yes, I will totally be dreaming about hunting the beach for the next 11 months! But back to the land hunting for now!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BB!! I thought I saw you in my back yard at night in Destin!! He He!! CONGRATS GREAT HAUL!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

You should invite me over more often Haha! Thanks, Verde!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck of a vacation! It's really tuff hitting a beach that normally you never hunt and walking off with one yellow much less four!! And the Good part the family was along to share.. :thumbsup:

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good season.....in a couple of days! Congrats!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done! Congrats and HH

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on such a wonderful time at the beach, trips like that have you pinching yourself to make sure it really happened. I always pull out a handful of my endless trash when asked or point over to my bucket of trash. of course one has to admit to something like 31 cents or so to make it look profitable. bask in the gold and silver light while you can, may be a while if ever to beat that haul.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! You are a major beach bandito !! Yeah I'd being pouring myself a strong one after finding all that too , Cheers !

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really happy Hunt.
I have never gotten more than one gold ring on a hunt.
You had some excellent recoveries.
Congratulations

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the?! Man that's a hunt to remember! Congrats on all the cool finds, especially the pile of gold.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty cool to see another one of my "Day Dreams" in print complete with photos.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
What an outing that was Buck! That's more gold than I've pulled from the water the last 2 years combined. I guess we know where you'll be vacationing at next summer.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very impressive man :occasion14: Congrats on that whole mess of gold rings. I've tried beach hunting a half dozen times, each time reaffirms that its just not for me, so I stick to relic hunting... but its stories like this that make me want to get back out there and try again. I am always impressed with beach hunters and the amount of rings they find. Nice job finally getting your salt water gold in epic fashion! :laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the golden vacation.

That's awesome to find (4) gold rings in one day. You rock the cane fields and the beach!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! What a trip,... Congrats!! :occasion14:

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many grams of gold did you score? what a great haul..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread