๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POCKET FULL of GOLD at the Beach

Hello All,

As some of you know, I bought a PI detector four years ago specifically for my wife and my beach vacations each year. Have dug lots of junk rings and a couple silver ones since then, but nothing gold. Well I set out yet again to try and find my first ever water-recovered gold ring (had dug many on land over the last 25 years, but none in the water). Went out three evenings to dig.

On the first evening I got into a place where all the sunglasses had washed to from the wave action. Dug a total of 8 pairs of glasses. About an hour in, I hit a silver ladies band, followed by a junk kids ring, then two hours in I hit a Harley Davidson ring :D Finally I dug a big fat class ring (which I will return to the owner this week). Was lost by a junior--class of 2018--so I'm sure they just bought the ring and were very sad to lose it.

On day 2 I went out again and hit the usual pile of clad. Got in a nice spot in the elbow of the beach and saw a glimmer in the bottom of the scoop! It was a gold mens band--my first ever water-recovered gold!! Ring is not marked but is very yellow (more yellow than 14K) so I think it may have been made overseas. Will gold test later on to see... After that I dug a second Harley Davidson ring, a small silver ring with a stone, and a silver toe ring. Circling back to the "sunglasses spot," I dug a large stainless steel serving spoon and a nice sterling silver cross. Searched for the chain to the cross for a while but had no luck...

On day 3 I cooked steak for the wife and got out rather late to the beach. Strapping on the headlamp I worked for about 2 hours with only 10 or so coins to show for it, plus half of a pair of sunglasses. Then I got a huge signal. Digging carefully and thinking "cell phone," I was completely surprised to see a watch in the scoop--and it was still running, keeping perfect time! Continuing on, it was another long dry spell, then I got a nice hit and said "sparkle for me" as I raised the scoop up. Was shocked to see a mens gold band! While I was recovering the ring, I'd set my coil down to one side and had gotten another hit literally a foot away from the ring, so I dug it next. Almost passed out when it was a SECOND gold men's band of a different size from the first!! Wondering if I'd hit a pocket of gold, I took two more swings and got a THIRD hit. At this point, a kid came up to me and asked what I was finding. I reached into my pouch and gave him one of the coins I'd dug and he went running off to show his parents. I pulled the scoop up and kept saying "come on, come on." In the second scoop of sand I saw a glimmer of gold and gems! It was a ladies ring with four small diamonds and an amethyst(?) marked 14K!! I beat that area to death, digging 3 lead fishing sinkers. Then turned up the beach to follow a cut I'd seen earlier. Dead in the bottom of the cut, I got a signal and dug a scoop out of the waist deep water. Lo and behold it was Gold Ring #4 for the night! A ladies ring with strange designs marked 10K.

After that find, I cut my detector off, checked my pouch in disbelief and felt FOUR gold rings in there. I headed back home, poured a glass of whiskey, and looked at my finds! Can't wait until next year's beach vacation.

Cheers,

Buck

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1129.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 78

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds, Congrats! Vote for Honorable Mention for the ring return...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way yo go BB! Gold fever is hard get over. :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds BB! I got a chuckle of the boy running off with a coin...I could see his parents saying "meh...what a waste of time"....lol, not knowing you were packing a pouch full of gold. Congrats on a great hunt...Ddf

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds BB! I got a chuckle of the boy running off with a coin...I could see his parents saying "meh...what a waste of time"....lol, not knowing you were packing a pouch full of gold. Congrats on a great hunt...Ddf

Haha, yeah that coin was a great diversion! LOL

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would've been happy with the silver. That was a nice vacation.

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost paid for the trip!!!! nice job

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn fine beach coming my friend. What brand of whiskey may I ask?:occasion14:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to the beach this weekend lookin' for :tchest:

I saw was a bunch of anchors :sad10: :help: :sad11: on the sand and waaaay too many "beached whales" :BangHead: :fish: :help: to count

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly! We can only hope for awesome finds like yours! Congratulations!

It took 4 years to get gold at the beach, but this was just crazy. The four gold ring night was surreal.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nine Band Armadillo Texas Whiskey :)

I have a "problem" with adult beverages but, was just curious how you chose to celebrate that killer haul. Never heard of that brand but, it certainly sounds appropriate for a toast making off with all that beach booty. Well Done!:icon_salut:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunting, congratulations! :notworthy:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the mitt full of bling Buck, nothing like seeing gold in the sand. It'll give you something to dream about till the return beach hunt.
BTW liking the piece of wood in the third photo-little like spalted maple?

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BB!! I thought I saw you in my back yard at night in Destin!! He He!! CONGRATS GREAT HAUL!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread