What's new

Pocket watch or stopwatch bezel?

Cuda74

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
184
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on a homesite. Didn't find anything to go along with it, internals, face, etc. I don't know what it's made of but fairly light material.
Anyone got a good idea other than a pocket watch bezel?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20210614_185854.webp
    20210614_185854.webp
    427.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20210614_185917.webp
    20210614_185917.webp
    422.4 KB · Views: 99
If it is from a watch , I've never seen one like it. I'll look in my book tomorrow.
 
Upvote 0
Mike,
Well anything is possible but it definitely has a recess so that it appears that something sat into it and it isn't solid round like a curtain ring. The hole in the top fitting makes me think a watch or similar, but that's why I posted it, no definite clue.
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
My thought is that ffuries is correct and there was probably originally a inner ring of plastic or such to ride on the curtain rod. The inner concave area is shallow and would probably rule out it being any portion of a vintage watch.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe the bezel from a 1920s car clock?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom