What's new

Police Encounter

CopperRocket

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today I had a visit from the Police...about CRHing of all things! Apparently the manager at my dump bank called the police and reported me for suspicious activity. I guess it is policy for the bank to call the police on members simply using the coin counter once a week. ::)

Anyway, the police officer was very polite and just wanted to make sure I was not stealing them from somewhere. I had to explain the whole hobby, which he found slightly amusing but understandable considering the potential free profits. I think this week I will double my box order so they have to change the bag a few more times....and oh yeah...no doughnuts this week!!! :'(
 
Upvote 0
I can't believe that justified a call from the police department. Maybe they thought you were robbing old ladies or something.
 
Just goes to show what I have always said, " Half the people are trying to tend to the business of the other half ". These people just got too much time on their hands. I don't like it either but sadly that's the way the world has become. HH

FL Junkman
 
My guess is this bank manager just didn't want to deal with your dumps so she'd thought she'd scare you away by calling the cops. Bad move on her part. I would just call up her chain of command and tell them what had happened and that it was insulting. At least, I would feel insulted about it. That also goes to show for people who don't want to answer teller questions about what you're doing with these coins, tell them you're a collector and it's your hobby to go through them. If they still call the cops after that, I would be writing a letter to upper management.

Having worked in law enforcement before, you'd be suprised what kind of people call the police. Some people will see a car that they've never seen before parked in their neighborhood and call the cops.
 
Having worked in law enforcement before


This type of law enforcement? ;D ;D ;D

Kevin_James_in_Paul_Blart:_Mall_Cop_Wallpaper_4_800.jpg
 
CopperRocket said:
Thank you everyone for your support. My wife and kids were very scared that I was being arrested or something. This woman is the branch manager and she definitely overstepped her authority. The police officer was actually embarrassed once I explained everything. He was just doing his job, but it was still very frustrating. You should have seen his face when I told him I also collect copper pennies. ;D

You would think that someone would have reported 20k in stolen halves, if there really was a crime happening!!!LOL Also, if I had stolen 20k in halves WHY would I use my own account with my identity and address to cash them in? I would have eaten the 10% fee and used a bunch of coinstar machines...it would be all profit anyway.

This bank is a local bank (4 branches) in a small town. They have never had someone dump so many halves every week so it freaked them out. I know others are dumping at this branch, just not in the volume that I am. Instead of making a huge stink over this I think I am just going to enjoy how silly she looked and maybe up my volume just to send the subtle message that I am not intimidated and I am NOT going away.

Yeah, that stinks for sure but is there any chance that the bank employee/manager HAS TO report anything deemed "suspicious" or possibly lose her job? :dontknow:

HH all!

Greg
 
1235CE said:
CopperRocket said:
Thank you everyone for your support. My wife and kids were very scared that I was being arrested or something. This woman is the branch manager and she definitely overstepped her authority. The police officer was actually embarrassed once I explained everything. He was just doing his job, but it was still very frustrating. You should have seen his face when I told him I also collect copper pennies. ;D

You would think that someone would have reported 20k in stolen halves, if there really was a crime happening!!!LOL Also, if I had stolen 20k in halves WHY would I use my own account with my identity and address to cash them in? I would have eaten the 10% fee and used a bunch of coinstar machines...it would be all profit anyway.

This bank is a local bank (4 branches) in a small town. They have never had someone dump so many halves every week so it freaked them out. I know others are dumping at this branch, just not in the volume that I am. Instead of making a huge stink over this I think I am just going to enjoy how silly she looked and maybe up my volume just to send the subtle message that I am not intimidated and I am NOT going away.

Yeah, that stinks for sure but is there any chance that the bank employee/manager HAS TO report anything deemed "suspicious" or possibly lose her job? :dontknow:

HH all!

Greg

Even if that is true, Why would using a Machine that
is Supplied for customer use, Considered suspicious ?

He could have just had so much change,
he needed to come several times
to avoid spending a whole day at the Bank.

suspicious would be doing it with a Fake
Mustache & Sideburns.

Or Nixon mask
 
some small tiown bank types might think your running some sort odf illegal slots type of bussiness -- all coin --no bills --large amounts of coin all of one type

yes they "overreacted" no doubt about it -- but if you think your busting up a illegal mob run type thing * like a gambling or drug op ---stop and think -- do you you want to question the local "al capone" about his bussiness all alone? -- which could be dangerous for you (you "question" a dope dealer in your office anout his "odd bussiness habits" -- he might have you killed to shut you up before you can tell anyone about anything --easy enough --stage a bank robbery -- pop you get shot in the mix -crook runs away -- it looks like a blotched robbery but was really a hit.) , or would you rather let the cops do the questioning?
 
ivan salis said:
some small tiown bank types might think your running some sort odf illegal slots type of bussiness -- all coin --no bills --large amounts of coin all of one type

yes they "overreacted" no doubt about it -- but if you think your busting up a illegal mob run type thing * like a gambling or drug op ---stop and think -- do you you want to question the local "al capone" about his bussiness all alone? -- which could be dangerous for you (you "question" a dope dealer in your office anout his "odd bussiness habits" -- he might have you killed to shut you up before you can tell anyone about anything --easy enough --stage a bank robbery -- pop you get shot in the mix -crook runs away -- it looks like a blotched robbery but was really a hit.) , or would you rather let the cops do the questioning?

That's where I'd say it's non of my Buisness
unless I'm invited to Play the Slots too. :laughing7:
 
Good idea... Get a big handlebar glue on mustache for next visit. Or some Groucho glasses. Fun times ahead. :icon_sunny:
 
ivan salis said:
some small tiown bank types might think your running some sort odf illegal slots type of bussiness -- all coin --no bills --large amounts of coin all of one type

yes they "overreacted" no doubt about it -- but if you think your busting up a illegal mob run type thing * like a gambling or drug op ---stop and think -- do you you want to question the local "al capone" about his bussiness all alone? -- which could be dangerous for you (you "question" a dope dealer in your office anout his "odd bussiness habits" -- he might have you killed to shut you up before you can tell anyone about anything --easy enough --stage a bank robbery -- pop you get shot in the mix -crook runs away -- it looks like a blotched robbery but was really a hit.) , or would you rather let the cops do the questioning?

When nobody has reported a crime, and common sense tells you that nobody could run a drug/gambling ring accepting only half dollars (most people don't even know where to get them), intelligent and rational people give the benefit of the doubt that nothing nefarious is going on. Unfortunately our country is adopting a "Nazi Gestapo" type mentality where everyone thinks it's their duty to report their neighbor.

The last time I checked the law still states that people of this country are innocent until proven guilty, and the 4th amendment guarantees our right to privacy. Even if someone doesn't understand another person's behavior, it doesn't give them the right to report them to the police. Oh yeah, the local Al Capone doesn't bring his kids with him to the bank to give donuts to the tellers every week, lol.
 
I hate to break it to you, Copper Rocket, but if that is you in your avatar, you do look like a typical terrorist, or drug dealer, or money launderer, or mobster. Maybe a combination of all four.

The other clues are that you keep a school aged kid with you, and hand out boxes of doughnuts wherever you go.

Don't you know that the biggest al-Qaida operatives were brought down because they were seen handing out doughnuts?

LOL!
 
yes the banks are in effect "govt snitches" -- they are forced by rules report any large cash transactions --and for some reason folks with "large sums" of cash these days -- trigger their mental alarm bells * -- seems in the veiw of the GOVT that folks should never be carrying large sums of cash these days ---several years back --I got a check for several thousand dollars (union "vacation" bonus check --for 125 or more days worked ) and while driving home from the union hall--thru a nasty drug infested area that surrounded the union hall --- in my older model caddy * a cop pulls me over --ask to see my drivers ID -- upon seeing a large "wad of 100's" in my wallet as i get out my wallet --he says --"uh were going to have to "take that money" as evidence "--- and started to reach in my window for my wallet -- like hell I said snatching my wallet away from him -- I can prove exactly where this cash came from bubby -- I got my union check stub and a bank reciept right here --so back off my money ( cops in that area were later found to have been "shaking down" the area dope dealers - taking their "on hand dope cash" but not arresting them . -- I think they thought I was a "fresh fish" in the neighborhood --
 
I remember reading a while back where some thief stole from parking meters and made off with a bunch of change. At that time I was thinking that the banks and CU's are going to be watching anyone who dumps a lot of change.

Unless a bunch of vending machines or parking meters were robbed, I would not think a bank would have any reason to suspect someone who drops off large amounts of coins as being a criminal. Besides, wouldn't most thieves just run the change to the nearest casino or Coinstars as mentioned previously?

Before the bank person reported the suspicious activity they should have asked themselves: Does this person have an account here? Is this person using some form of valid identification - are they who they say they are?
 
ivan salis said:
yes the banks are in effect "govt snitches" -- they are forced by rules report any large cash transactions --and for some reason folks with "large sums" of cash these days -- trigger their mental alarm bells * -- seems in the veiw of the GOVT that folks should never be carrying large sums of cash these days ---several years back --I got a check for several thousand dollars (union "vacation" bonus check --for 125 or more days worked ) and while driving home from the union hall--thru a nasty drug infested area that surrounded the union hall --- in my older model caddy * a cop pulls me over --ask to see my drivers ID -- upon seeing a large "wad of 100's" in my wallet as i get out my wallet --he says --"uh were going to have to "take that money" as evidence "--- and started to reach in my window for my wallet -- like hell I said snatching my wallet away from him -- I can prove exactly where this cash came from bubby -- I got my union check stub and a bank reciept right here --so back off my money ( cops in that area were later found to have been "shaking down" the area dope dealers - taking their "on hand dope cash" but not arresting them . -- I think they thought I was a "fresh fish" in the neighborhood --

I'm wondering why he didn't yank you out of the car, lock you up on some trumped up charge,and then take your money. Must be a rookie!
Very entertaining tale. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
ivan salis said:
yes the banks are in effect "govt snitches" -- they are forced by rules report any large cash transactions --and for some reason folks with "large sums" of cash these days -- trigger their mental alarm bells * -- seems in the veiw of the GOVT that folks should never be carrying large sums of cash these days ---several years back --I got a check for several thousand dollars (union "vacation" bonus check --for 125 or more days worked ) and while driving home from the union hall--thru a nasty drug infested area that surrounded the union hall --- in my older model caddy * a cop pulls me over --ask to see my drivers ID -- upon seeing a large "wad of 100's" in my wallet as i get out my wallet --he says --"uh were going to have to "take that money" as evidence "--- and started to reach in my window for my wallet -- like hell I said snatching my wallet away from him -- I can prove exactly where this cash came from bubby -- I got my union check stub and a bank reciept right here --so back off my money ( cops in that area were later found to have been "shaking down" the area dope dealers - taking their "on hand dope cash" but not arresting them . -- I think they thought I was a "fresh fish" in the neighborhood --
Probably should have reported this corrupt cop to the district attorneys office or the FBI as they take dirty cops pretty seriously
 
IN LATE 2002 ** some of the dirty "jacksonville , florida" cops and their "freinds"--were caught after they robbed and killed a local bussiness man SAMI SAFAR who was carrying a large sum of cash -- $51, 000 cash gotten from a bank for change use and for payroll at his 4 stores he owned ---the A hole dirty cop killed him in the back of his squad car * -- the dirt bags got caught for this crime * thankfully

they tried to make it look like he was robbed and killed in a "random robbery" -- the dirty cop and feinds found out from a "snitch" that tipped them off about SAMI SAFAR carrying large sums of cash on him from the bank for his stores payroll and change use at his 4 stores -- so the dirty cop pulled him "over' in a bogus traffic stop and "arrested him" on some trumped up charges --(the plan was to have him have him lock his money in the trunk of his car when they went "downtown")--the dirty cop's "partners" were then to break in and steal the cash from the bussinessmans left behind car.* -- things went sour however when the bussiness man told the cop about the cash and refused to place the money in the car trunk as planned -- he said --the money goes "downtown" with me peroid ---- so the dirty cop (KARL WALDON) killed the bussinessman in the rear of his squad car and dumped the body taking the money ($51,.000) --the "snitch was "cool" on robbing the bussinessman but was not down with killing him -- figgering that if he said nothing --the cops would sooner or later either frame him for the murder or "wipe him out" to shut him up and cut him out of his cut --the set up the bussinessman "snitch" rolled over on the dirty cops.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom