hvacker
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 18, 2012
- Messages
- 2,360
- Reaction score
- 1,907
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New Mexico USA
- Detector(s) used
- My Head
- Primary Interest:
- Other
New to the site. Old houses test my curiosity beyond my ability to resist. Lately where I live houses are fenced off and posted. My thinking if a property isn't posted I might check it out. A guy I know drives a white PU, wears a hard hat and a safety vest. So far he says the cops just wave. I've also considered a magnetic sign with something like Historical Photography which isn't far from the truth as I do photograph old sites. I know the problem with permission is some fear something will happen and they will be liable. We live in a constant fear of being sued. With that in mind I still imagine a guy. 100 years ago that didn't trust banks and buried those Double Eagles by that tree. I'm not out to give treasure hunters a bad name but it seems, given enough time, everything will be posted.

Just send me the address and all signs, gates, fences will vanish overnight. It's that easy 

so we ran through the storm sewers with torches like Indiana Jones; climbed into the underground telecommunications substations, explored old missile sites, went into old mines etc....These things do have their attraction there is no denying that.







